p90x 90 day challenge October 1

Options

Replies

• CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm not ready for p90x because I haven't bought the videos and want to do a couple other things first, but I'd like some info. What are the nutrition plans like? I hate plans that have a lot of complicated and expensive recipes.

Is it very strict as in you eat this on that day or does it just give suggestions? What are the different plans (classic/lean/what)?

How much space do I need to do the workouts?

I will message you with some info! :)
  • carojenkins
    Options
    To Abby459: I can't do a push up or a pull up either, but I always try to do at least one push up before I resort to the kneeling position. One of these days I'm going to be able to do one - and then two and then... Same with pull ups. I just keep increasing the resistance. It'll come, and there's no deadline to worry about! Just bring it!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I did Chest/Back and Ab Ripper today.....I feel like such a weakling!!! I have to do "girl push-ups" and I cant do even ONE pull-up....I had to do all of those using the band technique.....it will be intersting to see if this improves over time!!

Everyone is doing great!!!

Push ups will come in time! I can do around 60-70 non stop and about 100 or so max. I started with 15-20 push up max! (That includes dropping to my knees)

If you really want to work on your push ups google "100 push up challenge"
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I know the push-ups will get there.....I am more scared about the pull-ups....will I ever be able to do 1??
  • dauenhab
    dauenhab Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'll be on day 4 tomorrow doing the lean program. I normally travel on the weekends so I normally don't get to do my works then, but I'm going to try and do 2 a days for 3 days out of the week by supplementing extra cardio during my lunch break.

Brandy
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I know the push-ups will get there.....I am more scared about the pull-ups....will I ever be able to do 1??

Abby you are going to do fantastic. We have talked alot in the past few days and you have that ambition and fire in your eyes. I have 100% faith by the end of 30 days you will be doing push ups like a champ and at least 1 pull up! ROCK ON GIRL! :happy:
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    Count me in. I'll be on day 4 tomorrow doing the lean program. I normally travel on the weekends so I normally don't get to do my works then, but I'm going to try and do 2 a days for 3 days out of the week by supplementing extra cardio during my lunch break.

Brandy

WELCOME and GREAT plan! Planning = success! Good luck and BRING IT! :tongue:
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    How did everyone do today?
    Today was day 2 of my p90x/running hybrid. It was my long run day (20 miles WOO HOO) so I didn't do any other exercise besides my 3 mile walk with the hubby and puppies tonight. Tomorrow is Shoulders & Arms + Ab ripper X.
    Best of luck to all, keep pushing play and BRING IT! You all make me proud XO Kelly :happy:
  • kpotts68
    Options
    Ok, I am most definetly in. I love P90x and was thinking about starting round 2. I am not thinking anymore, I am doing....
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone on bringing it so far!

I'm just starting up phase 2 so a bit ahead of you guys but just wanted to drop in and show some support for you all!

The pushups/pullups - I started off not being able to do that many pushups. I've been doing the 100 pushup challenge alongside P90x so I'm in decent shape with those now. They'll come, just keep trying to increase your reps by 1 or 2 on each set every time you do it. The pullups WILL come if you keep at it. For weeks and weeks I could only do 1 or 2 unassisted for the whole workout but week before last I just made a breakthrough and managed 5 consecutive with 14 over the workout. Don't know what the breakthrough was, it just happened. Just believe and they'll come.

Abby - Core Synergistics the 'easy' one? WOW! You're a beast! Synergistics kicks my *kitten* every time!

Frankenbarbie - Pretty awesome Crane on your profile pic there. I know a lot of folk struggle to get in that position. Nice!

Keep bringing it folks. It's totally worth the effort!

Jay
  • mdm3
    mdm3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Okay, so today was my first day on the lean program. I've tried the program before but faded after one week. To be honest, I've been a little intimidated and therefore started out with the P90 Master. Well, three weeks on the Master really did the trick. Today, I got through core synergistics without a problem! Of course I couldn't do EVERYTHING, but I was pretty pleased to be able to get through most of it without sacrificing form. Who knew?! I was both surprised and excited about my progress and can't wait to get to tomorrow's workout!
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    Okay, so today was my first day on the lean program. I've tried the program before but faded after one week. To be honest, I've been a little intimidated and therefore started out with the P90 Master. Well, three weeks on the Master really did the trick. Today, I got through core synergistics without a problem! Of course I couldn't do EVERYTHING, but I was pretty pleased to be able to get through most of it without sacrificing form. Who knew?! I was both surprised and excited about my progress and can't wait to get to tomorrow's workout!

That is awesome to hear! Way to go. I love how all the different BB workout complement each another. I used p90x before Insanity and that helped me so much. I felt strong going into Insanity because of p90x. These workouts have also helped me with my running, biking and hiking. I feel like a beast LOL! :)
    Once again way to BRING IT! I'm excited for all of us taking on this challenge! No matter if it's your 1st go around or your 10th! I'm proud of all of you! :)
  • speedyme
    speedyme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread and will be starting today, October 3, 2011. I've been doing bootcamp for the last 3 months and decided to try this out instead. Can I join? I've been looking for a support group to do this with, i can just use a couple free days to catch up!
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options
    Starting today!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Jayb---haha the core is just easier for me because I have been doing tons of cardio and ab work prior to starting p90x.....so its not as challenging for me......however the strength ones kick my @ss!!! I do NO strength training what so ever....I cant even do 1 pull-up. I'm sure everyone has days that are easier for them. Not to say that I think its easy...I just dont cringe at the thought of having to do the work out like I do for every upper body work out!!!

Today is a run day for me!!

Good luck to you all today and I will be back for Kenpo X tomorrow!!
  • lnpayton
    Options
    So I started p90x Lean today...it is no joke! I totally watched the first 3 workouts before doing them...and thought of its not going to be that bad...I was wrong but in a good way!! Good luck to you all!
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    I just found this thread and will be starting today, October 3, 2011. I've been doing bootcamp for the last 3 months and decided to try this out instead. Can I join? I've been looking for a support group to do this with, i can just use a couple free days to catch up!

YES join and welcome! :)
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    So I started p90x Lean today...it is no joke! I totally watched the first 3 workouts before doing them...and thought of its not going to be that bad...I was wrong but in a good way!! Good luck to you all!

Congrats on starting your 1st day. They are for sure some kick butt workouts, but so much fun! :)
  • carojenkins
    Options
    Got through Shoulders and Arms and Ab Ripper X this morning. Shoulders and Arms almost felt like a breather after Plyometrics! Man, that really took it right out of me. But ARX makes up for it all. I can't even do some of the moves at all - I just visualize doing them and hope that eventually I'll actually be able to do them in fact. Yoga X tomorrow - should be interesting. It's supposed to be a very challenging workout. But I will complete the session! Do your best, and forget the rest!

How's everyone else out there doing?
  • Holly_0717
    Holly_0717 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks Carolyn and Kelly, I will definitely remember that advice!! Just finished my FIRST workout today and.... WOW!!!! I had to modify a lot of it so I know I've got a long way to go, but I feel great and am excited to stick with this :happy: ! I know I am going to be sooo sore tomorrow but that's okay because I'm still gonna BRING IT just like all of you!!!