After plateau'ing for 5 months....I think I am done....

Options
kbdelarosa
kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
Ok, so I have been stuck at 129 since May 1st but am realizing that I might just be ok with that. I have gone from a size ten (in January) to a 4/6. Would love to get to 124 but I am so much stronger thanks to 9Round (www.9round.com if you want to see how I did it-kickboxing/bootcamp kind of place)....started at 145. I hit 129 in May but my body has shifted since then even though I have lost no more weight. I haven't worn short shorts in years and now when I go out I love to show off my new legs!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be 40 in a year and a half....I think I look pretty damn good! For once! Now if the grays would stop coming in.,...

Before: (holy fat arms and chin)

beforeOct2010.jpg

Now:

me-beach.jpg

Replies

• CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, you look 30!

Congrats on your loss!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Holy cats you look fantastic!! And I agree, I think you look amazing where you're at. Don't let the scale rule you! And plus, what difference is a few pounds going to make. Awesome job! :)
  • sheffyce27
    Options
    you look amazing!!!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    You look great - weight is just a number. If you feel better and know that you are eating better, that is what is important. Awesome job!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look amazing! I'd never believe you are approaching 40...
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    you look great! congrats :)

BTW, is that Sunny Isles Beach in your one pic?
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    No WAY you are going to be 40 in a year and a half!!! Maybe in the 'before' picture, but the 'after,' you look AMAZING! You look like you could've been my sorority sister (I'm 23!)

Congratulations on all your hard work! I know it's hard when you have a number in your head that you just want to get to, but I think you're right in that you may be done. You look incredible!
  • briehill
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look awesome
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    129 is fine... don't stress about it (and you may lose a lb. or two without trying. Great pics, btw)
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    im in the same boat but unlike you, im not done. you so are! you look great!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Beautiful
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Ya...you look HAWT!!! Don't beat yourself up over those few pounds. I am sure you are the envy of all your friends who are probably talking about you behind your back...You rock.
  • TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I too plateau'd for many weeks and had all but given up and then I started the 17 day diet and have dropped 5 pounds in 5 days. I like seeing the scale move again and plan on sticking with this diet until the rest of my weight comes off...I have 55 pounds to lose!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I think you are done, too! You look awesome! Way to go!
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, you look nowhere near 40! Your body knows better than the numbers, and you look great, so congratulations!
  • kbdelarosa
    Options
    For the person who asked, that pic was taken in Singer Island this weekend, had a girls weekend for my friends 40th. So, as a laugh, Pauly Shore was staying at our hotel and said to me as he passed me leaving the spa "Hey, don't you know me?" Um, ew. Ignore.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    needs NSFW tags in thread title. soo gonna get in trouble for looking and hot ladies while @ work.
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • kbdelarosa
    Options
    What's NSFW?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    What's NSFW?

oh lol! Not Safe For Work. a popular term to warn people who are browsing forums, message boards that the topic can be deemed unsafe for work. i.e. get in trouble. etc etc.
    dont worry. you look great! I woulda guessed early 30's myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!