Let's See How Old You Really Are........

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    And

169948-7recordplayer_slide.jpg

Holds 7 LP's!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    oh...and you'd try to record songs off the radio, so there was always the DJ talking over the beginning or end...hahaha....good times!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Yep...didn't know about the pen rewinding trick :laugh:
    I just figured the connection was you write on the label with the pen....
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    ohhh this makes me feel old and im only in my early 20s
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    OMG...anyone remember trying to write all the song track titles onto those little labels??? :bigsmile:

Haha, Yes!! And I remember putting tape over the "holes" at the top of the cassette so you could record over what was already on it. :D
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    OMG...anyone remember trying to write all the song track titles onto those little labels??? :bigsmile:

Haha, Yes!! And I remember putting tape over the "holes" at the top of the cassette so you could record over what was already on it. :D

Oh yeah, I forgot about that...once the little tabs broke off, you couldn't record over...hahaha. Amazing how far technology has come now!
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Man I never thought I would feel so old,, Worst part is I still have a crap load of my tapes, boxed up right now cuz i cant find a new player,,, :(
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    oh...and you'd try to record songs off the radio, so there was always the DJ talking over the beginning or end...hahaha....good times!

OMG yes...I'd get so mad and try to hit the record button right when they stopped talking...haha!! Also remember getting a cassette player put in my car and thinking i was the cooooolest kid!!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I didn't even have to think about it; I knew instantly, lol....but I'm only 24...that's not old; right!? =\
  • kc0kiu
    kc0kiu Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes, I remember them all!! Making "special" tapes for your friends/BFs. MY brother, sister and I had to share one stereo between us on a cart with an 8 track player.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    my car is 20 years old & still has a working tape recorder. I don't actually own any tapes these days but good to know I have the option :tongue:
  • PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options
    YIKES!!! I am old!! *sighs*
  • PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options

HAHA!! YES!! Ahhhhh, the good old days. LOL!!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say I haven't a clue but alas...........this was me many times in my room listening to New Kids on the Block over and over and over and having to fix the tape when my cassette player wouldn't rewind anymore. :bigsmile:
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    getting a mix tape from a guy was the BEST thing ever! I was so resistant to CD's when they came out in the early 90's....when I was 13!!! wow!
  • FauxNinja
    Options
    I remember lifting the tone arm up, to place the needle on the place on the 45 that I wanted to hear.
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    HAHAH I hella LOL'd just now :D
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    OMG That is too funny! I remember my first tape was Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road that the babysitter taped for me, and there was a skip in GYBR and for years I sang it that way, until I eventually bought it on CD & realized THEY sang it wrong! ha ha ha
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I realllly feel old now....I remember going cruising on the boulevard uptown with my boyfriend...with an 8-track deck blasting away... and we thought we were soooo cool. :sad:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    LOL............this subject is hilarious :)

My 2002 Toyota still has a tape player - I tried playing a tape in it not long ago, and it sounded all warped and crazy !

I still have some cassette tapes that I like to play at times...........heck, even CD's are becoming a thing of the past with Ipods and MP3 players (neither of which I have ;)

I AM SO OLD!!! lol.
    :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: