Food ideas please

Options
Hi all

I'm looking for meal (lunch) suggestions which don't involve bread.

Simple and quick ideas please and not salad or egg based things.

Thanks

Em x

Replies

• The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm preparing fajitas for the week!
  • JanetTerry
    JanetTerry Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ham n cheese rollups!!:wink:
  • NicBushong
    NicBushong Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like make different kinds of soups and then put them in individual serving size containers to freeze. Then I don't have to worry about cooking later in the week. You can have quite a variety too, to avoid the same ol sandwiches and salads.
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Tuna sensations, although they do have crackers.
  • chollingshed74
    chollingshed74 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    spagetti squash with classico florentine and spinach pasta sauce on top :)
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is cooked chicken breast (seasoned with whatever you like best; Italian, Cajun...) prepared on Sunday for the week ahead, with half an avocado and some fresh tomato slices. String cheese is great for when I have a cheese craving.
  • norcalbeezy
    norcalbeezy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I had 1/2 brown rice with 1 cut up spinach and feta sausage and a 1/2 of corn its a wierd mix but was delish I love making healthy mixes of random stuff!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Chili
    Bean and ham soup
    Pasta
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I have been having a serving size tuna mixed with some dill relish (0 calories) and putting it on low fat wheat thins. Today I had a clementine with it. Sometimes I use celery instead of wheat thins. I do not mix mayo in it. Today's lunch was 115 calories and very yummy. When I do have a sandwich, I use sandwich thins instead of loaf bread decreasing my carb count and calorie count.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I love this 3 bean turkey chili, very filling and good and only 200 cals or so a bowl!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/crock-pot-3-bean-turkey-chili-3125-pts.html
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hot wings and veggies.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hot wings and veggies.

Hot wings might be a bit of a high fat option...unless you take off the delicious skin. :smile:
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I like make different kinds of soups and then put them in individual serving size containers to freeze. Then I don't have to worry about cooking later in the week. You can have quite a variety too, to avoid the same ol sandwiches and salads.

Yep, this. I have quite a variety of soups and stews. I make one each week and freeze in individual serving sizes. Then I can grab and go!
  • Panandatkn
    Options
    Roll ups are always a great option.. it a lean lunch meat rolled with a lean piece of cheese, fruit for a side. Here is a tip for the bread.. they make a 35-40 calorie bread you can purchase its low carb option. La tortilla also makes a low carb tortilla which is great for making mock healthy pizza.
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Soup is always a great option and minestrone is low in calories too! Eat up:flowerforyou:
  • saugustin07
    saugustin07 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I make my own nachos corn tortilla chips, black beans, salsa, greek yogurt and a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese.