How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• NicoleMensigg
    NicoleMensigg Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day like most of the people here, it helps me stay motivated and helps me know whats working and not. I don't record but one day a week-in the past I've made my day Thursday but I've noticed that I go nuts on the weekends so I'm thinking of making my day Saturday, that way I can still not go crazy and keep myself in check.
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    Ugh. Daily because I obsess, but I only count Friday's weigh in!
  • jess_steich7
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week on Thursday morning's. I like this method b/c I'm not obsessing over the scale and your weight can fluctuate a lot from day to day. Also, you should focus on inches more than the scale. I'd suggest measuring yourself once/month. Inches matter more than what the scale says because you can be replacing a pound of fat with a pound of muscle. So, it may stay the same number on the scale but your body will be getting smaller.
  • stardozer
    stardozer Posts: 180
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday.
  • deshea_d
    Options
    I weigh myself nearly everyday when I first wake up and without clothes. I am a procrastinator, so if I do not weigh myself often I delay eating well until right before the weigh in.

I also record every lose but do not record a gain unless it is there for three days. I figure (rationalize) that I am working hard and eating better so a small increase has to be an anomaly. I find myself working a bit harder if I see a 0.4 lb increase so my gains have not lasted long enough to get recorded. This may seem like cheating or lying to myself but it prevents me from sweating a small gain and keeps me motivated to work to see the numbers going down. I am consistently losing weight...atleast the way I track it.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I weigh everyday. For me...it's more disappointing to weigh weekly and see a gain or no change than it is to weigh every day and see the same results.
  • dazlite
    dazlite Posts: 45
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning before eating anything. I use the Withing Bodyscale which sends the weigh-in data over WiFi to their website/app where you can analyse the curves. I find it really interesting to see what's happening during the whole week personally. It always seems to fluctuate rather than just going steadily down.
  • Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm going to follow the topic's advice and do it once a week like on Monday.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Only once a month.....My weight tends to go up and down....but now its just at a plataeu...... So I do it once a month
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Daily for me, but it's just so I can gauge what I need to do that day. Up a little, I work out more.
  • beautifulnovember
    Options
    Every chance I get. I have a scale at home and at work we have a scale, too. I record it officially once a week though.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself and take measurements once a month. I can't stand seeing daily fluctuations, so the daily thing is out the window for me. And since my workout program is mainly composed of heavy weight lifting right now, the once a week thing doesn't do anything for me either because of water retention through DOMS, muscle growth, etc...besides, after an entire month of NSV's it's nice to be able to see the scale jump down more than it would in just a week so I can not only be happy, but be like "WOW, I'm doing *that* good!" :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It always seems to fluctuate rather than just going steadily down.

Which is exactly why I hold off on weighing myself and don't do it everyday or every week. It might be different for you guys, but us females tend to have complexes when we see the fluctuations instead of the going steadily down when we're doing everything right. And I don't need any more stress.
  • SIMA80
    SIMA80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My "official" weight-in is on Saturday and that is the day I record it, however, I do step on the scale on Wednesdays, just to check where I am at mid week...I do not however, record that
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    As often as I want. Some days I don't weigh myself at all, sometimes I weigh in every morning. Always once a week MINIMUM though.
  • mail704m
    mail704m Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Daily, but only count Sundays, if I get two weights the same in a row.
  • Guerita83
    Options
    Your body weight fluctuates from day to day based on water. Try to pick a day out of a week to way yourself and same time(they say its best in the morning on that picked day), about the same clothes and this will definetly let you know if your losing or gaining. Good Luck!!!
  • kcmartian
    Options
    i weigh myself a few times a week, but only record once a week. I try not to be overly obsessive with weighing myself day to day because I tend to overreact. For example, if I gained a pound since yesterday it might trigger me to cut a lot of calories or workout like crazy, which isn't healthy in the long run. Besides, weight fluctuation day to day can be water weight, whether you've numbered 2 that day, etcetc that don't mean anything in terms of your overall weight loss.
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Keeps me in check!
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every day. The daily fluctuations don't bother me. I only record it every few weeks though, when I remember to do so.