No Workout, No Endorphines, No Smiles?

Options
I was just wondering if anyone else experiences a little bit of depression when they stop working out for a while? I know I do, even if I haven't gained any "weight", I can tell I'm getting a little flabby, my motivation is low and so is my energy level. I start questioning everything I do rather than being confident and happy. Anyone else?

Replies

• ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    u are preaching to the choir. i get that way right away.
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have been there. And then when I haven't worked out regularly for a while I forget how much of a difference exercise makes, and it takes forever to get my butt back out to do it!

You're definitely not alone!
  • Bumblebee26
    Bumblebee26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I guess to a point. I know I usually feel better during and after because I ride and play basketball with friends. So I think that has a lot to do with it in general. I'm bummed when plans fall thru for bball.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yup. Exercise is my medicine.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Way less expensive then prozac
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    What is this "not working out" you speak of??
  • JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I tore 3 tendons in my ankle a few weeks ago and I have not been able to do much of anything. I am in a full boot air cast for another two weeks. The past few days I have noticed that I am not the happy go-lucky person I was before my injury. I can only hope that once I'm out of the boot, I am released to start small work outs again.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    maybe this is part of my issue lately. in addition to lots of other crap... better get back on it tomorrow!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    maybe this is part of my issue lately. in addition to lots of other crap... better get back on it tomorrow!

You know, for putting this out there, I'm going to hold you to it......... :bigsmile:
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options

You know, for putting this out there, I'm going to hold you to it......... :bigsmile:

Please do, Bry!