Started P90X On 30SEP11

Options
Hey guys. I'm Chris. I just started P90X 4 days ago for the first time. I struggle with eating properly and finding the motivation to get into the gym, but I have an amazing friend that is pushing me to find the stronger, healthier me. I am excited (and scared at the same time) of where this road is going to lead, and the challenges that may lie before me, but I think I finally found the place I need to be mentally to get there. Wish me luck on my journey, and good luck to all of you on yours.

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    have an awesome time at it.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! I'm just finishing Day #7 on Week #9 of P90x. Only a few more weeks to go for me! Are you doing the classic program? It was really hard for me to incorporate more protein throughout my day, but it was necessary. Kept me from feeling so tired.
  • himiller3
    Options
    Good luck! I did P90X for a long time! It is a great way to begin your journey to fitness, I think you will like it alot.
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck. I use p90x for toning, and I started it 2 weeks ago, so I know the pain. I only use it about 2x a week and I follow the P90x lean program exercises, since I'm training for a half-marathon I have in 10 weeks. The plan's cardio days are my running days.
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Enjoy you will do great.
  • ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys. I am doing the classic version. I will be trying to incorporate the meal plan as much as possible too, but I need to lose weight for my job so I might have to go on a no carb diet for the next two weeks until those weigh ins are over. I'm kind of worried about that since P90X is so intensive. It's going to be be a struggle, but I will do what I have to do.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!

I am working up the strength and courage to start P90X. I have the program.. just too wimpy to do it.
  • ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!

I am working up the strength and courage to start P90X. I have the program.. just too wimpy to do it.

Have you tried the "fit test"? P90X isnt really as scary as everyone makes it sound. Just "do your best and forget the rest". If you need to do a couple rounds, of P90X to get the results you are looking for, then so be it. You just have to commit mentally, if you are already working out you are a lot stronger than I was 4 days ago when I started P90X.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!

Have you tried the "fit test"? P90X isnt really as scary as everyone makes it sound. Just "do your best and forget the rest". If you need to do a couple rounds, of P90X to get the results you are looking for, then so be it. You just have to commit mentally, if you are already working out you are a lot stronger than I was 4 days ago when I started P90X.

Thank you. I have not done the fit test. I paged through it. My push ups are weak.. to do a real one.. I can only do 3 at a time... I just downloaded the 100 push up app. I am going to start on that. .. it should help. I just need to commit and do it. I have done JM shred up to level 2..
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    hey!!! i am that friend!! lol i think.

you will get there....no reason to be scared. you should be purely EXCITED!!! cuz you are going to make it!
  • stochat
    Options
    Congratulations on your P90X journey. I'm in week 11 in the Lean program. When I finish I plan to do the Classic. I'm a 55 year old grandma and love it. You can follow my Journey here:
    http://myp90xjourney55.blogspot.com

:)

good luck!!