Exactly a year.....

Options
One year ago today I quit making up excuses for why I was so overweight. I weighed in at 350 lbs (which is the first half of my profile pic). I was becoming so terrified of getting on stage I barely did it. Music was always my passion and to give that up because it was too hard with the weight was devastating. I told myself I had to so something to keep both my music AND myself alive.
I finally went to bed that night promising myself a change. I woke up on Oct. 2nd 2010 and started my journey. Between eating healthy and working out occasionally I did it! I now weigh 140 lbs less than I did this time last year. I went from 350 lbs to 210 lbs. Even though I still have a little ways to go, with the success I've had in ONE year, I know I can do it!!!!!

Now I'm back onstage promoting my latest album 'The Aftermath' (on iTunes under Rachel Janelle) AND I'm a soloist in a major musical theatrical show!! Life is now so much better and I plan on living it to it's full capacity!!!

Replies

• Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! You look great. Thanks for posting, it really helps to see what others have accomplished.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    You look Fantastic!!! Congratulations!!!
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You've come a long way in just a year. You look great!
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! And everyone feel free to add me!! I love being motivated by others!!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    good for you. that's amazing.
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are an inspiration! That's a great loss in only one year. Congratulations! Tomorrow will be my six month anniversary on here and I've only lost 46 - so maybe I'll be at 80 or so when my one year anniversary rolls around. But it will still be so much better than where I was last April 3rd. Thanks for the motivation! You look awesome!
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Both your life and your music will grace the world longer, which is a beautiful thing.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girlie! You look fantastic! What an inspriation!
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Amazing job ....you look fantastic :)
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    WOW, what a difference a year makes!!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look good.
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    So amazing! Keep up the great work!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! What we can do in a year!!! Amazing!!!! You are a role model!!!!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Nice.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    wowzer, bravo girl
  • mamapaints
    mamapaints Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!! You are looking great!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Awesome! This is truly motivational, especially because I want to be down close to 100 lbs by next June (I have a total about about 200 to lose). 15 down so far, working out at least 5 days a week. You look great!!!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    I think your loss is awesome
  • LadyMarylou
    LadyMarylou Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    amazing work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!