This time I'm going to succeed!

Options
My name is Michelle and I am married to Andrew. We have 2 little boys ages 2 and 5. I work part time as an Urgent Care nurse. I can tell already that I'm going to meet my goal this time. I'm so glad to have found a website like this where I can connect with others who are losing weight too. My husband has been tracking his food here for almost a month now and has lost weight doing it. Now that I'm here too we can do this as a family and get healthy together. I can't believe how easy it is. My big motivator is that my sister is getting married in September and right now I am the fattest bridesmaid. I don't want to be the fattest one and I want to feel good in the dress. I may not reach my goal weight by the wedding, but if I can lose anything I'll feel better.

Replies

• momnmore
    momnmore Posts: 20
    Options
    My name is Michelle and I am married to Andrew. We have 2 little boys ages 2 and 5. I work part time as an Urgent Care nurse. I can tell already that I'm going to meet my goal this time. I'm so glad to have found a website like this where I can connect with others who are losing weight too. My husband has been tracking his food here for almost a month now and has lost weight doing it. Now that I'm here too we can do this as a family and get healthy together. I can't believe how easy it is. My big motivator is that my sister is getting married in September and right now I am the fattest bridesmaid. I don't want to be the fattest one and I want to feel good in the dress. I may not reach my goal weight by the wedding, but if I can lose anything I'll feel better.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards & good luck to you! Being a nurse, you already have my admiration. Such a tough profession! :flowerforyou:
  • happygirl518
    happygirl518 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    :wink: Welcome to myfitnesspal Michelle. Yes you will make it to your goal this time, I can hear it in your voice. You are ready for change. I made that discovery also the end of January and I love that I started when I did and the changes and benefits I am getting from my program and my commit to be fit pledge I made to myself.

If your looking to join a group of motivated individuals, I encourage you to visit us at:
    "Step It Up Club - under fitness/exercise
    "Let's Get Real=under Motivation/Support
    "Shape Up with the Daily Heet"-under Motivation and Support

We all have to find our way, but the beauty in it all is that we never have to go it alone. Nice meeting you and wishing you the best of health in -09.
    Debbie
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You will do it!!
    If you lose 1 lb each week (very doable) By Sept you will be down 24 lbs and a skinny bridesmaid!!

(thats the way I have to look at it....I have to tell myself the exact number)
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Michelle! Oh, you are well on your way already and your attitude is wonderful! Join us on the journey, this site is VERY helpful.
  • SuhailVal
    SuhailVal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    It's good to meet you all, I'm also new here and am excited to shed these extra pounds.
    I want to feel healthy and more energetic, and lead a healthier life. Now if only my cravings and actions would follow! :blushing:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • momnmore
    momnmore Posts: 20
    Options
    Wow! Thank you everybody. I am loving this site already. I've gotten a couple of awesome recipes that I plan to try in the next few days. I am so motivated and its awesome to have the support of so many others.
  • tiffers_03
    Options
    I cant believe I havent heard about this site until now............everyone seems so nice!! And its free! wow ive been missing out!