30 Day Shred

Options
I just started the 30 days shred and I'm wondering if that's enough of a workout for the day? It's leaving me sore (not that i'm complaining, lol) but I'm still walking at least 30 min. at night. Just wondering because I don't feel that the calories burned from the shred is enough of a burn for the day. Thanks : )

Replies

• Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I feel the same as you. I think it depends on the person. I still try and do a tvvo mile vvalk or jog and then the shred at night. Best of luck, Brenda
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    for some it's as much as they can get in for the day. But if you're up to it, you have the time and you want more, GO for it, girl! :)
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Do what you can. After I had my last baby, 3 weeks PP I was doing the 30 DS and that was a great starter for me. Then I added a 25 minute kettlebell workout. Now I can go back to the gym!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Definitely get more burn in if you feel you need it!!!
    Before my injury I was doing Hip Hop Abs in the morning, 30DS in the afternoon (every day) and then I would do 2 classes (jazzercise and boot camp = a little over 2 hrs) 3 days a week at the gym. Plus I was attempting the C25K, but didn't stick to it that well........ Go with what you feel is a challenge... your body will adjust (plateau) when it does, up your workouts =) Always challenge yourself....
    Good luck!!!!
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It depends on a lot of factors, If you've never done anything then 30mins a day is the minimum your supposed to do, so yeah its fine on its own.

However me personally I do that everyday, Kickboxing for 2hours a session twice a week (Tuesday and Thursday) and then cycle as and when I can (weather permitting), Once I drop some more weight Ill start some heavier weight training.

If your wanting to increase it I would suggest doing that daily and then alternate the other days, IE Monday do your Cardio, Tuesday do some extra strength, Wednesday back to Cardio, Thursday more strength, Friday Cardio, Saturday do a mix of both, Sunday Recover. Rinse and Repeat :-D

Remember to increase your protein intake if your doing a lot, this will reduce your chances of crashing, and will improve your recovery rate, as protein aids muscle repair and growth.
  • Jleigh417
    Jleigh417 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing : )