anyone have low cal fish and chips recipe

Options
i wanted to make this tomorrow night but wanted something yummy and low in calories if thats possible.. thanks

Replies

• FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    How about a tilapia with a light panko crumb instead of deep fry and sweet potatos instead of regular potatos for the chips?
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Instead of potato, try making chips from squash - butternut squash, carnival quash, most types will do.

Cut them up into chunky chip shapes, splash on a little oil, sprinkle liberally with garlic powder and rosemary and bake in the oven for 30-40mins (usually 30, depends on how big you cut them).

I had this one evening with a piece of bread crumbed frozen fish and it was great.

As a side dish I also did this

- pan fried a handful of cherry tomatos in a large frying pan, then glugged on some balsamic salad dressing and filled the pan with as much chard as I could fit in without it falling over the sides, mixed it up, stuck a lid on and let it all steam cook.
  • krssy70
    Options
    When I make fish and chips, I coat the fish in egg whites and bread crumbs... Use little olive oil in pan and fry... you can also cook them on the grill. put a piece of aluminum foil on grill and spray with non stick spray.. and cook that way.. both ways are low in calories.. not sure of exact calories, but just do the calculations individually.. good luck :)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Paul's has these super low-fat breaded fish cutlets. They are pretty terrible though. Fish & Chips is just one of those dishes that is only good if it's bad for you.
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I usually make potato wedges from a waxy potato toss in a little olive oil and bake in the oven for about 30mins. For the fish I usully use cod fillets baked skin side down with a breadcrumb and herb crust for about 15-20 min. Yummmmmm.....
  • Connie_TN
    Options
    That sounds really good!
  • Connie_TN
    Options
    As a side dish I also did this

- pan fried a handful of cherry tomatos in a large frying pan, then glugged on some balsamic salad dressing and filled the pan with as much chard as I could fit in without it falling over the sides, mixed it up, stuck a lid on and let it all steam cook.

Kirsty this sounds soo good..Not sure what Chard is but i have some spinach will that do??