Eggplan Parmesan Soup - 102 Calories a bowl

Options
pa_jorg
pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
Tastes just like Eggplant Parmesan, but in soup form!

Ingredients:
1 Medium to large Eggplant
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Clove garlic, minced
1 Onion, chopped
2 Tomatoes
2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup traditional tomato sauce (optional)
Spices including basil, oregano, hot pepper flakes, S&P

Prick eggplant with a fork and roast whole in 400 degree oven for 40 minutes.

While the eggplant is in the oven, add oil, garlic and onion to a saucepan until translucent. Add roughly chopped tomatoes and let simmer for approximately 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. After simmering, puree mixture in a blender. Transfer puree back to saucepan and add Parmesan cheese and any other spices as desired. Leave on low heat to incorporate flavors.

When the eggplant has finished roasting, remove from oven and let cool. Cut open and scoop insides away from skin with a spoon or knife. You can add this directly to the tomato mixture in large chunks or puree first depending on your taste (I pureed half and left half as bite sized chunks). Finally, add traditional tomato sauce (this is mostly for color - otherwise the soup is a brownish color from the eggplant). If the consistency is too thick for your liking, just add some hot water and simmer a few more minutes to incorporate.

This made 4 LARGE servings. Garnish with cheese or croutons and serve with Italian bread.
Per Serving: Calories =102 Fiber=6 Protein=4 Carbs=14 Fat=5

Replies

• nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for posting!
  • Paigergirl
    Paigergirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! That sounds amazing! I think I will be making that for dinner tonight! Thanks for sharing!
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yum!!! I've been on a huge homemade soup kick, and this sounds so delicious! Thanks for posting :happy:
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    BUMP
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing.
  • papa5280
    Options
    I have GOT to try this. I made sort of a random eggplant parm a couple of weeks ago (roasted eggplant and red peppers, then baked with tomato sauce a little low-fat mozz and parm). It was pretty good.

This sounds better and easier.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Now I am a bit bummed that I used the eggplants I picked from my garden to make eggplant steaks. :ohwell: I am going to make this one when I get more eggplant. Thanks for sharing.
  • Tonyajangel
    Options
    sounds delish! I am gtoing to try it!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you! I love eggplant parmesan. But so high in cals. Will try this next time I shop.:tongue:
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    I have GOT to try this. I made sort of a random eggplant parm a couple of weeks ago (roasted eggplant and red peppers, then baked with tomato sauce a little low-fat mozz and parm). It was pretty good.

This sounds better and easier.

I've done that before too. Yum!
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    Sounds good. Now I am a bit bummed that I used the eggplants I picked from my garden to make eggplant steaks. :ohwell: I am going to make this one when I get more eggplant. Thanks for sharing.

Curious, what is an eggplant steak?
  • mkupartist
    mkupartist Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sounds SO delicious! I'm going to try the recipe this week. Thanks for sharing!
  • wagner78
    wagner78 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jaybew99
    Jaybew99 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fancyacuppa
    fancyacuppa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting - that sounds delicious
  • jajbharper
    Options
    bump! gonna try this!
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • Belovedarmywife
    Options
    Sounds wonderful!!! Will be trying soon!!!
  • lambjoo
    lambjoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    This sounds amazing.