Zumba Instructor's Training

Options
The owner of my gym is looking for a Zumba teacher. He knows that I have been attending classes for a long time and asked me to teach, thats if he can't find another instructor. I have considered it before. Can someone who has been thru this tell me about the training? I've been on the site, but no real information as to what goes on there. Thanks.

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    i would like to know as well
  • sadiesimp
    sadiesimp Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The training is a LONG but very FUN day! You get to the location around 8am, register, and have the opportunity to spend LOTS OF MONEY on Zumba clothes. There will be between 50-100 other people there (depending on the size of the location).

Usually, at the very beginning, the instructor will give you a brief introduction to Zumba and then will teach a master class (basically an hour long Zumba class...be prepared to work out--and sweat!). Then you'll get a break to change clothes or get a snack and then the rest of the day (until about 5:30pm) will consist of lecture, practicing the basic steps, learning how to put together a routine, working in small groups, etc.

You get about a 30 minute lunch break and various smaller breaks throughout the day--be sure to bring LOTS of snacks and water! Let me know if you have any other specific questions; I've done all 6 Zumba Instructor trainings (basic, b2, aqua, gold, toning, atomic).
  • rme921
    rme921 Posts: 22
    Options
    The Zumba training is a one day training and learn the basics of Zumba in Zumba Basic 1 - Merengue, Salsa, Reggaeton and Cumbia. Mostly movements, but some class time (about an hours worth). They break for lunch and everyone just brings light food to eat (granola bars, fruit, maybe a sandwich).

I go for Zumba Basic 2 the end of this month. It's fun...it's educational and go with a lot of energy. Once you register for the class about a week or two prior to the training you will receive more information about what to bring, etc. It's definitely worth one day if you want to be an instructor.

Hope this helps. =)
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm a licensed instructor. It's an all day training. You learn the 4 basic Zumba moves for Basic 1. Merengue, Salsa, Reggeaton, & Cumbia. There's lectures that go over rules for teaching and alot of great information. Hope this helps. It's a long day but lots of fun. They help teach you how to come up with choreography too.
  • januadiaboli
    januadiaboli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just did mine this weekend. It took a full day, included a one-hour master class, an hour or so on each of the four types of steps that Basic 1 covers (Merengue, Salsa, Cumbia, and Reggaton), some practice cueing, and some theory/lecture. We probably spent about 5-1/2 hours practicing out of the 8 hours we were there. As an adult educator at a post-secondary institution, I think that there were some things that they could've done better, but it was definitely worth it. The cost of the Basic 1 training includes a one-year license to teach Zumba, as well as a set of DVDs and a CD that will help you get started on your first classes.

I've been doing Zumba for a while, so feel comfortable enough with it that I'll be teaching in two weeks. Hope this helps!
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    This helps alot. Thanks so much