question...

Options
if at lunch time you eat something, but then afterwards you realise that what you have eaten has put you about 500 calories over your daily limit, should you just not worry about it for that day and eat a normal dinner? or should you skip dinner so avoid eating even more calories.

Replies

• emma04
    emma04 Posts: 6
    Options
    if at lunch time you eat something, but then afterwards you realise that what you have eaten has put you about 500 calories over your daily limit, should you just not worry about it for that day and eat a normal dinner? or should you skip dinner so avoid eating even more calories.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I say better to overeat a little than to starve for the rest of the day. Do an extra workout and earn back some of those calories and then go with a light but wholesome dinner. In the future try logging all meals and snacks before your day even starts- it takes some getting used to, I know, but once you do it is so much easier. I log my day either the night before or the morning of and it just makes life simple.:flowerforyou:
  • donnaleahnoelle
    Options
    you can always try to keep dinner really light like cook mostly veggies and fill up on that. Also I agree, exercise a little more and earn some back

good luck
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I would say have a light dinner...big on veggies and a bit of protein and do a workout that helps burn off some of the lunch. That way your day is not lost. Since MFP already puts in the calorie deficit, you may not lose, but it won't be all that bad
  • bootilicious
    bootilicious Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It is never good to skip meals. Just remember, calories in, calories out. If you put in 500 extra calories, you gotta work it off. So exercise and burn off 500 calories that day.

Rita.
  • ylin
    ylin Posts: 16
    Options
    I agree with the others... either burn the extra 500, or eat a salad for dinner. If you allow yourself to slide, then you may do so again at a later time, resulting in you not sticking to your diet.

85728.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I agree, eat a light dinner and put in a good butt-kicking workout. But remember this... you don't have to burn it all off in the same day. You can make up for it over the next couple days if you need to.

And remember the most important thing is to not beat yourself up about it. Guilt has a way of de-railing us faster than almost anything else. Log the calories, make a plan for getting them back and then just get on with it.
  • Fishripper
    Fishripper Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would adjust to a lower Cal. and Start walking.. To burn some extra calories.