Outwit the Chubby~ ☆SKINNYS☆~Sept Tribal Challenge (clos

Options
12345679»

Replies

• u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Finished the 5K for today... I'll do the rest of the challenges when I've given my knees a chance to rest a little. I was at the Y last night doing my C25K until they closed at 10, and then I was back again when they opened this morning to do my aerobics class for the Largest Loser competition. Then I came home and walked my 5K outside. You could say my knees are a little sore now!

Two victories to report: 1 SV and 1 NSV
    SV... for Largest Loser, I was down 3.4 lbs from last Wednesday. Yay!

NSV... she had us doing burpees during the class this morning, and I don't know what possessed me to try it, but I decided to do guys' pushups with the burpees instead of the usual girls' pushups. AND I WAS ABLE TO DO IT!!!!!!! I mean, granted, I didn't go completely down, but I went at least halfway to the floor, so that's pretty good. When we started the August Challenge, I had to do modified burpees all the time because I simply didn't have the arm strength for it. And I just did the real burpees this morning and kept on doing them for the whole 60-second interval!!! I'm pretty darn excited about that. :)
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Finished the 5K for today... I'll do the rest of the challenges when I've given my knees a chance to rest a little. I was at the Y last night doing my C25K until they closed at 10, and then I was back again when they opened this morning to do my aerobics class for the Largest Loser competition. Then I came home and walked my 5K outside. You could say my knees are a little sore now!

Two victories to report: 1 SV and 1 NSV
    SV... for Largest Loser, I was down 3.4 lbs from last Wednesday. Yay!

NSV... she had us doing burpees during the class this morning, and I don't know what possessed me to try it, but I decided to do guys' pushups with the burpees instead of the usual girls' pushups. AND I WAS ABLE TO DO IT!!!!!!! I mean, granted, I didn't go completely down, but I went at least halfway to the floor, so that's pretty good. When we started the August Challenge, I had to do modified burpees all the time because I simply didn't have the arm strength for it. And I just did the real burpees this morning and kept on doing them for the whole 60-second interval!!! I'm pretty darn excited about that. :)

OMG!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes!!! 3.4lbs is HUGE!!! I would LOVE to shave off 3.4 in a week!!

I'm actually up some weight this week so far.... I'm at 173.4 so thats a +.4 gain that I really didn't expect to see, but kind of did. This past 7 lbs or so has been absolutely awful for me. I feel like I'm not losing anything at all. I tried upping my calories, but I felt like I just "loosened the reigns" on myself. I pulled back to 1200 starting today. TOM is next week, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I really don't see the progress that I have been and its discouraging.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Don't feel discouraged! You are doing fantastic and we all know how evil the scale really is. Just keep chugging :)
  • tagrady
    Options
    Holy smokes!!! 3.4lbs is HUGE!!! I would LOVE to shave off 3.4 in a week!!

I'm actually up some weight this week so far.... I'm at 173.4 so thats a +.4 gain that I really didn't expect to see, but kind of did. This past 7 lbs or so has been absolutely awful for me. I feel like I'm not losing anything at all. I tried upping my calories, but I felt like I just "loosened the reigns" on myself. I pulled back to 1200 starting today. TOM is next week, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I really don't see the progress that I have been and its discouraging.

Don't be discouraged!!! this loosing weight thing is HARD!!! you're doing so good and every time I see you on that ellyptical for an hour, you inspire me!!

I also feel like putting my calories at 1300 killed me this week. (that and the homemade apple pie making session with my grandmother...only had slivers though:frown: !!) I'm carving off the 2lb gain slowly, but this is insanity! I really need to work on MORE WATER! forgot my water bottle today and 6 oz at a time is rediculous! least i'm getting excercise to the water cooler!
  • szczepj
    Options
    Weighing in tomorrow. Excited. Hoping for a nice scale reading! But, I did a quick check of my thigh measurements (cause I'm pretty small up top so I'm worried about those thighs) and it looks like I may have lost a few cm's there. I lost my paper with all my measurements a couple weeks ago and I still haven't made a new sheet. Opps.
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Ok... October challenges for me are officially DONE!!! I don't know if we need to take after photos this time or not, but I'm going to take them later tonight anyway, just for my profile photos. It helps me to know I'm making some progress. Hope it's a great Friday for everyone and have a fun weekend. :)
  • tagrady
    Options
    Ok... October challenges for me are officially DONE!!! I don't know if we need to take after photos this time or not, but I'm going to take them later tonight anyway, just for my profile photos. It helps me to know I'm making some progress. Hope it's a great Friday for everyone and have a fun weekend. :)

About the photo's, gary never ended up doing the slideshow, so if you want to share them here we can (like with photobucket) or if you email me them, i can do it.

i just want to share.... u2fergus aka Kellie LOST 7 LBS THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me on the other hand 2.2 :(
  • szczepj
    Options
    Awesome job! :)

And 2.2 lbs is not bad at all, at least you went in the right direction this month!

Just sent my weight and such in!
  • tagrady
    Options
    Hi guys! I got a lot of your weights thanks! Just wanted to let you know that mon I'll be updating the final spreadsheet, so as long as I have your number for Monday, we're good!!!
  • kiltbunny
    Options
    Sorry I wasn't here to cheer everyone on this week!! My internet modem died and I've been lax to get a new one so far and I have no clue how to pull the forums on my iPhone!

Everyone did a fantastic job this month but HOLY S***T KELLIE!!!!! You are a frikkin MACHINE!!! Great job to everyone and it's been a pleasure being a loser with you in September!!
  • tagrady
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hi Skinny's!!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!!! Mine was pretty good, finally got some time with my hubby which was nice :)

still waiting on mommaski4 & Lmmiller1's final weights, but I wanted to post our final losses for those that have been waiting!

our biggest looser this week............................drumroll please.........................clank clank bang

Heofon with 3 lbs!!!
    u2fergus with 3 lbs!!!!

a match made in diet heaven!:heart:

also, another honerable mention!

szczepj 2.5 lbs!!! great job!!!:bigsmile:

and for the final numbers so far:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

In sept we lost ................................ANOTHER 40.1 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SMOKES! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!

heofon 8.7
    kcgslp 1.8
    Kiltbunny 4.4
    kristinmkartist 0
    lmmiller1 6.6
    mommaski4 0
    Sharesb 0
    szczepj 9
    tagrady 2.8
    u2fergus 7

this month isn't so competitive, so i'll let you all know the final numbers here...

WEEK 1 WEEK 2

223 242

WEEK 3 WEEK 4

216 177

WEEK 5

********TOTAL********

1038 POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • szczepj
    Options
    Awesome job everyone! :)
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Wow... not bad at all, guys! :) Go SkinnY!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just me or is it SUCH a huge relief to be able to get some cardio in finally instead of all the strength challenges? :) I'm enjoying October so far... :)
  • szczepj
    Options
    It is a relief to not have 5 extra exercises on top of everything else.
  • kiltbunny
    Options
    I sadly have to say I missed the workout last night... LOL. I did some swimmer's presses so I could feel better about it!
  • tagrady
    Options
    I sadly have to say I missed the workout last night... LOL. I did some swimmer's presses so I could feel better about it!

lol!

I did not even workout yesterday (well a walk with the dogs but I don't count that) I need to fix that, but won't be able to today either! errrrrrr! I've been driving 2 hrs round trip for my mother in law to watch my kiddo's and I have a business dinner with a vendor tonight. I'm going to concentrate on NOT eating like crap, getting a salad, and stay within my calories!

Tomorrow i'll be hopping on that elyptical for sure!
  • tagrady
    Options
    Hi guys!

trying to make a slideshow of our pics...anyone NOT want to be included?

T
  • tagrady
    Options
    o.k. I'm guessing that since no one responded, we don't want a slideshow :)

Sorry i've been MIA, my life has been up-side down & backwards for a bit. We are very lucky that Tim's mom was taken off life support and is doing ok on her own. She has a long road ahead of her, but will heal with time.

I need some good easy dinner idea's. What do you guys eat for supper? My husband was a SAHD for a loooong time, and i've been spoiled by his awesome cooking. Now I get home from work, and he leaves for work, so i'm in charge of dinner. I'm not good at cooking, and need to get some skills quickly!
  • szczepj
    Options
    Wish I could help with some easy dinner ideas, but as a college student still living in a dorm (UGH) I don't ever cook :/