Time for a New Resolution! *CLOSED GROUP*

Options
:flowerforyou: Thank you all for joining my challenge! I am SO excited that so many wonderful people want to do this with me! The point of this challenge is to motivate ourselves and each other. We CAN do this. All participants have been broken into 5 teams. You will see that 2 teams have 6, while the other 3 only have 5. I will take 3 more late sign ups, but I won't rearrange teams to try and place your friends with you. Challenges are a great way to meet new people who share a common goal. The reason I choose to do teams for my challenge is because being on a team means you are now accountable to 4 (or 5!) other people. I strongly encourage friending the other members from your team and also starting your own thread for group communication. In your team thread, you can talk about individual goals, what drives you, what holds you back. (if you do start a thread related to this challenge, please make sure you put closed group in the subject! thanks!) You should check in on your teammates daily, motivate them if they are down, congratulate them when they succeed. Your teammates can be great for new recipes, a funny joke, or just some kind words.

Now on to the rules!

--You will weigh in every Friday, beginning this Friday October 7th. I have quite a few participants from different time zones, or different countries so I will post the results on Saturdays once everyone has had a chance to send it to me. To weigh in, just message me your weight. For our first weigh in, please also include your goal weight whether it be 135lbs or 45 lbs lost if you don't feel comfortable sharing the actual numbers. Our last weigh in will be Friday December 30th, the day before New Years Eve! I am so confident that we will all be at goal or close to it by then!!! :happy: If you are going out of town, especially around the holidays as I know many of us will be, you can message me your weight ahead of time. or once you get back. If you miss 2 weigh-ins in a row with no communication, your team will be deducted 1 point for each missed weigh in.

--The points!! While the teams are great, they are also your friendly competition! :wink: Once we have all weighed in, I will total up the percentage lost for the week. The team with the highest percentage lost will get 5 points for that week, 2nd place 4 points, 3rd place 3 points, 4th place 2 points and 5th place 1 point. The team with the most points on December 31st will win! :drinker:

--Daily fitness challenges! I struggle with finding the time and motivation to fit a workout in. So every day, I will issue a daily fitness challenge and if everyone on your team completes it, your team will get an extra point! We will start them off simple and hopefully get harder as we go along! If you have an injury or medical condition that prohibits you from doing the challenge, please let me know.

I think that covers all the info so without further ado..... The Teams!!!

The Sweet 6 :heart: :
BabyPhat5
InShapeCK
Crystel22
Searbear1980
Maki040403
dianamobley

The Sensational 6 :love: :
Southerngirlspa
jellybean1971
allierae14
chocolattahottie
dhetke4
KaciWood19

The Fabulous 5 :glasses: :
hbdub7
roniluvsnatecerra
zogini
amanda_jean87
jolinemm_07

The Fantastic 5 :flowerforyou: :
KathieHughes
Thincat33
amy_marie
emd0019
tiddlyjinx

The Fearless 5 :tongue: :
Kerrimx5
ladychi306
Lizzie1229
nellie_88
teresava77

Good luck everyone!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• searbear1980
    Options
    So excited. Good Luck to everyone! Sweet 6 lets rock this!
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Wooo Hooo
    Fantastic Five We've got this!!!
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    This is going to be fun!!!! Lets go Fearless 5!!!! :happy:
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Awesome

This is going to be fun

The Sensational 6 will friend this afternoon, go team
  • Amanda_Jean87
    Amanda_Jean87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    woohoo FABULOUS 5!! We can totally do this!!
  • Crystel22
    Crystel22 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Here we go SWEET 6, we got this. Push me all you want. I will need it sometimes. I am so excited to start. I hoping this pushes me to my goal weight. Thanks all!! Friend me.
  • BabyPhat5
    BabyPhat5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sweet6, friend me...we can do this and I need all the motiviation I can get...lets push each other to win this
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Bumping this thread so I have it for later.

Also giving my team, The Sweet 6, and anyone else who is a part of this challenge permission to call me out when fall off or should I say jump out of the wagon when it comes to my food and exercise diaries and my water intake as I have learned that it is not encouragement that keep me on track but the fear that someone will notice my bad eating or lack of exercise and make a comment. I need some people who can be "Jillian Michaels" in my life to really hold me accountable on a regular basis!
  • allierae14
    Options
    Yay so excited! Can't wait for friday and to finally have people hold me accountable :)
  • hbdub7
    hbdub7 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    YEAHH!!! I am excited! We can kick this challenges booty! Go Fabulous 5!!!! :happy:
  • Crystel22
    Options
    I can not wait until Friday. I am so excited and motivated to lose the last little bit I have left to lose. I just hope that I don't bring the team down with what little I have to lose. I will for sure need the help and push that I know you can give me.
  • amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Go Fantastic 5!!! Woo hoo!! Add me so we can keep each other motivated :) Has a thread already been made for our group? If not, I'll make one after work. Thanks guys!
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this challenge!!! Another reason to keep on track and avoid Halloween Candy. :)
  • Crystel22
    Options
    Looking forward to this challenge!!! Another reason to keep on track and avoid Halloween Candy. :)

I know the feeling. I am so weak when it comes to the candy. I hope I can get through this Halloween without eating all of the boys' candy.
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    This thread has been so quiet!! Lets pump it up ladies!! Please remember to message me your weigh-ins for today!!! All challenge messages are posted on my wall so please check there too for updates and fitness challenges!
  • KaciWood19
    Options
    today's fitness challenge is 25 crunches! send me a message or write on my profile if you complete them! Remember, your whole team has to do them to recieve the points!
  • KaciWood19
    Options
    Team SWEET 6 was the first team to get all of their weights in to me!!! Nice job ladies!! Thank you to everyone who has sent their weight, Hoping everyone else remembers to get it sent!!
  • Crystel22
    Options
    Not too much activity on here. Is everyone still on track? I sure hope the Sweet6 are keeping up the energy and rockin' it out.

I did the challenge today, not sure if it was for everyone or just for your team. 19 minutes consecutive running (well jogging).
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Not sure if our whole team is doing them or not..

I have done the last challenges and I am looking forward to seeing what today's will be. :)
  • KaciWood19
    Options
    So far, only the SWEET 6 has earned extra points for completing the daily fitness challenges! the Sensational 6 is right behind them, we've only missed by 1 member each day! The Fabulous 5, Fantastic 5, and Fearless 5 are all missing a few participants.

I will layout below who I have down for completing the challenges, if you did do them a day and I don't have you listed, contact me!

10/7: 25 crunches
    all of team Sweet 6
    kerrimx5
    nellie_88
    lizzie1229
    allierae14
    kaciwood19
    southerngirlspa
    jellybean1971

10/8: 25 jumping jacks
    kaciwood19
    inshapeCK