Great motiviator! Overall win-win situation.

Options
Yesterday, while jogging with my husband I had told him that I had lost half a pound. Considering that I haven't been putting 100% of my effort to my diet, I have to say I am doing a lot better than three weeks ago where I would come home from work and sit on my big a**.

So back to yesterday, well I told him that I wanted to lose 10 lbs by end of Oct and maybe another 10 lbs by the end of Nov. Then he through a curve ball at me and told me that if I would lose 25 lbs by Christmas he would take me on a shopping spree for my Christmas present. Considering that I would need new cloths and of course he still hasn't made up his mind what to get me. To me it really doesn't matter what he gets me cause he does so much for me already. :love:

Anyway, so the motivation is there, but is it safe? In my mind I could see myself with new set of cloths and of course 25 lbs lighter is my ultimate goal. But is it too much for a short period of time?

I have implemented more activities such swimming and running, besides my regular 4-5 miles of walk. My eating habits have change dramatically and that has a lot to do with my husband encouraging me and helping me out with my daughter. So, I see this to be more of a win/win situation, unless there is other factors to consider because I am not thinking straight. Especially with the idea of going on a shopping spree and you know (women) how enticing a shopping spree could be. :wink:

Wish me luck and any suggestions or ideas are truely welcome and I thank you ahead of time. :flowerforyou:

~ Silvia

Replies

• CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Silvia, that's a GREAT motivator, however, that's a lot of weight to lose in a short amount of time. As the weight comes off, your hub will notice and hopefully reward you for your efforts. I wish you the best of luck!!

It's nice to have a support system!! I told my hub that I would take HIM on a cruise if I meet my goal by our anniversary next year!!
  • luvlite2
    Options
    Nope! I say go for it...I lost these 25lbs in less than 2 months. I feel great, I look better and I'm trying to lose 25 more before Christmas. Your reward sounds so much sweeter than mine but at the end of the day the reward is won by the change in our health. Hope you win the challenge.
  • 2ht2hand1e
    2ht2hand1e Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    That's sort of roughly 2 lbs a week...If I had that offer I'd go for it! A new wardrobe and you will love love love shopping after dropping weight....It feels so good, especially if you have spent years dreading clothes shopping like I did from about 12 to 22 years old. Good luck and if you would like new buddies add me :).
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on how much you have to lose. Your ticker says 34 pounds, so I seriously doubt the practicality of trying to lose 25 by Christmas. The less you have to lose, the longer it takes. Sorry to be a downer, but I don't want you to have unrealistic expectations.
  • Silchi24
    Options
    Nope! I say go for it...I lost these 25lbs in less than 2 months. I feel great, I look better and I'm trying to lose 25 more before Christmas. Your reward sounds so much sweeter than mine but at the end of the day the reward is won by the change in our health. Hope you win the challenge.

Wow that is awesome. How did you do it?
  • dianaskin
    Options
    I think it's great to have a goal in mind and a goal to strive for. I'm usually cautious, though, about not setting myself up to meet something that may not be healthy or realistic. BUT it depends on how much you have to lose. The bigger the person, the faster the weight comes off. The smaller you get, the smaller the weekly loss will be. That's just biology (and a little math...ha ha ha). So one person who might be able to lose 25 pounds in 2 months may have been able to do so because they had more to lose than you do. Just keep in mind that it's hard to compare what you can lose to what others can lose. (Me? I'm lucky if I can lose 5 lbs a month...and believe me I try. But that's just my body. But that's OK...because it's a JOURNEY and not a race. If I keep up with 5 lbs a month, well by next summer I'll be down 40 lbs!) :)

Also, remember that the scale is not a measure of your overall success. What about clothing size? Cardiovascular improvements in endurance? How you feel? Your energy levels? How you look!?!?! If you look great, fit into smaller clothes, can exercise harder/faster/longer and most of all you feel great and healthy, then if the scale only says 10 pounds lost by Christmas, will you have failed?
  • Silchi24
    Options
    Silvia, that's a GREAT motivator, however, that's a lot of weight to lose in a short amount of time. As the weight comes off, your hub will notice and hopefully reward you for your efforts. I wish you the best of luck!!

It's nice to have a support system!! I told my hub that I would take HIM on a cruise if I meet my goal by our anniversary next year!!

Thank you!
  • Silchi24
    Options
    I think it's great to have a goal in mind and a goal to strive for. I'm usually cautious, though, about not setting myself up to meet something that may not be healthy or realistic. BUT it depends on how much you have to lose. The bigger the person, the faster the weight comes off. The smaller you get, the smaller the weekly loss will be. That's just biology (and a little math...ha ha ha). So one person who might be able to lose 25 pounds in 2 months may have been able to do so because they had more to lose than you do. Just keep in mind that it's hard to compare what you can lose to what others can lose. (Me? I'm lucky if I can lose 5 lbs a month...and believe me I try. But that's just my body. But that's OK...because it's a JOURNEY and not a race. If I keep up with 5 lbs a month, well by next summer I'll be down 40 lbs!) :)

Also, remember that the scale is not a measure of your overall success. What about clothing size? Cardiovascular improvements in endurance? How you feel? Your energy levels? How you look!?!?! If you look great, fit into smaller clothes, can exercise harder/faster/longer and most of all you feel great and healthy, then if the scale only says 10 pounds lost by Christmas, will you have failed?

Good point, but overall I am just grateful that I have my support. And like I said, it’s a win/win situation. I have nothing to lose cause I do understand that it’s a stretch on my part. I will completely be happy even if I just lose 10 lbs. (That would be so awesome)
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You can do this ! Just make weekly goals and do your best to stick with them. 2 lbs a week. Good Luck !
  • Silchi24
    Options
    You can do this ! Just make weekly goals and do your best to stick with them. 2 lbs a week. Good Luck !

Thanks Angel!