Brand new to this community-hello!

Options
as stated in my profile- I have never engaged an on line community or a message board before. I am trying a new approach with the hopes that I can find the support and encouragement I need because I have become very anxious about finally losing this weight. So here I am, doing something I never thought I would do because the other ways just has not worked. I am really curious and welcome interaction so that I can identify more fully with others that share the same weight on their shoulders-pun totally intended!

Replies

• utexashorns
    Options
    as stated in my profile- I have never engaged an on line community or a message board before. I am trying a new approach with the hopes that I can find the support and encouragement I need because I have become very anxious about finally losing this weight. So here I am, doing something I never thought I would do because the other ways just has not worked. I am really curious and welcome interaction so that I can identify more fully with others that share the same weight on their shoulders-pun totally intended!
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful site..you will love it!
    Everyone of my friends that have joined thinks its the most user friendly and encouraging!

Welcome!
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aboard MFP!!!:flowerforyou:
  • utexashorns
    Options
    Hey I was just reading all these posts about laughing cow cheese and how awesome it is! Is it processed? I just don't want to get too many carbs with the cheese! I am going to go look for it today and hope it is all cracked up to be!
  • utexashorns
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome! It is appreciated!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • jmw7
    jmw7 Posts: 27
    Options
    I've been a member for just a couple of weeks and I love it. The first week was really easy and I was very motivated. This week I'm having to work at it a little harder, but seeing some results early on has helped greatly. (It doesn't help that the weather has turned cold again!)

Best of luck, and GO HORNS!! (They are playing here in my hometown this weekend but I'm having a hard time prying tickets from the hands of all the Tarheel and Blue Devil fans...)
  • utexashorns
    Options
    I myself am a sports fan! I am rooting for an upset but I think Duke is going to win-bummer! Thank you so much for the friendly reply. I am finding this sight very helpful already and I am very hopeful this will keep me focused!
  • jmw7
    Options
    I do have to remind myself that whatever passes my lips goes on the list... Sometimes I catch myself wanting to forget about that second beer. The best part for me is simply realizing what foods are better to eat than others. Then I just eat as much as I want of the good stuff (within reason) and avoid the fried foods and heavy sauces.

I think you are right about Duke, but you never know...
  • utexashorns
    Options
    Yeah, I just committed to a food and exercise diary today. Studies do show that people lose more weight and are more likely to keep it off if they keep food journals. I just feel so weird doing it!

How about that laughing cow cheese thing? I have not seen that stuff in years! Do you use it also? Everyone on here just raves about it!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!:flowerforyou:
  • LIZZIE218
    LIZZIE218 Posts: 11
    Options
    :smile: I'm new here too and hopefully we all can reach our goals !!!
  • tiffers_03
    Options
    I decided to join after a close of friend of mine told me about this site. Its awesome this site is free and had so many tools! Just being accountable to exercise and food intake is going to be make a difference I'm sure.............I'm pretty excited but I know there are going to be some tough days ahead....but I gotta stick with this..........I just want to feel healthy agian!
  • Fishripper
    Fishripper Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am new here also just started 12 days ago, Wish i would have found mfp a long time ago. Welcome to mfp.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    welcome and best of luck! This is a great website to help you along you path to weight loss success :drinker:
  • jmw7
    Options
    Yeah, I just committed to a food and exercise diary today. Studies do show that people lose more weight and are more likely to keep it off if they keep food journals. I just feel so weird doing it!

How about that laughing cow cheese thing? I have not seen that stuff in years! Do you use it also? Everyone on here just raves about it!

I haven't read about that yet. Seen lots of posts about it. Guess I should check it out...
  • utexashorns
    Options
    I bought some laughing cow today at Sam's. I bought the soft low fat and the wax covered:totally awesome,tasty,and surprisingly filling! The soft wedges you can spread on things- I used it on my high protein pretzles and I actually was full and the whole thing was only 155 calories with almost 15 grams of protein! Hope this gives you some ideas!
  • jmw7
    Options
    Sounds great! I'll have to find some...
  • jmw7
    Options
    Horns kept it close!!