First time for everything

Options
Hello All - I am once again on a quest to get myself in shape...this time I am planning to try a new approach and use this website to keep myself on track. I have never really watched my calories before and am excited to start. I am also wondering if anyone has any eating tips for 12 hour night shifts...Thanks and have a great day!

Replies

• lissome
    lissome Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello All - I am once again on a quest to get myself in shape...this time I am planning to try a new approach and use this website to keep myself on track. I have never really watched my calories before and am excited to start. I am also wondering if anyone has any eating tips for 12 hour night shifts...Thanks and have a great day!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • livinwell
    livinwell Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome! The best advise I can think of for 12 hour nights is to plan ahead. I don't work nights, but I plan my food the night before. This way I don't overeat. Once you make it through a few weeks you will have a pretty good routine down. This site is wonderful for that.

Good Luck:drinker:
  • utexashorns
    Options
    Hi there!

I understand your position as it is my first time joining ANY on line community, but like you I thought that I may as well try a new approach to see if I can be more effective in my weight loss attempt this time! I have already found some extremely useful info like the "Laughing Cow" cheese wedges! I went to Sam's today and bought a couple of different kinds and they are really awesome and filling! Anyway! Just wanted to say howdy!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Yes planning is key! No matter if you are day or nights, you have 24 hours to eat and exercise. For you it is reversed, that is all!!

So bring 2 tlbs hummus and 8 baby carrots, 6 triscuits and a wedge of Laughing cow, a packet of Kashi Heart to Heart Oatmeal.

Good luck to ya!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: