9 Week Holiday Challenge (close group) wk 2

Options

Replies

• legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday 10/4/11: Now that you have been communicating with your partner for a full week, except our newest member on the blue team, I'm sure you have some words of encouragement, congratulations, thankfulness or up lifting... Today is give your partner a public shout out day.... (I hope this is ok, I know it's not a question, but I hope you all don't mind)

Well my partner and I couldnt be more opposite in our life circumstances, and it makes it very interesting to peak into the life of a stay at home mom, while I am a working, go non stop, no kids around kind of woman. We have such different struggles, but yet the same one basically. She is Amazing! I wish I had her stamina. She is very supportive and friendly. She just completed a 5K with her daughter, how cool is that!

Thanks WFORTNER for being my teammate, I hope I can be as supportive to you each day!
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options
    You are VERY blessed to have WFortner as your parter. We speak daily and she has been a blessing in my journey here on MFP. HUGE shout out to WENDY! You ARE WONDER WOMAN! :flowerforyou:
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday 10/4/11: Now that you have been communicating with your partner for a full week, except our newest member on the blue team, I'm sure you have some words of encouragement, congratulations, thankfulness or up lifting... Today is give your partner a public shout out day....

Clifford2010 is my partner and she is FABULOUS!! FAB-U-LOUS! She's super busy and has loads on her plate but she still takes the time to encourage me and to work on her own goals. I'm enjoying getting to know her and am grateful to have someone in my corner like her. It helps keep me accountable. Plus I don't feel like I'm doing this alone anymore.

Thank you Stars, too! All the encouragement is GREATLY appreciated.
  • Tiffany517
    Tiffany517 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday 10/4/11: Now that you have been communicating with your partner for a full week, except our newest member on the blue team, I'm sure you have some words of encouragement, congratulations, thankfulness or up lifting... Today is give your partner a public shout out day.... (I hope this is ok, I know it's not a question, but I hope you all don't mind)

Shot out my my partners RhondaLeeRoss and Kaesize6!!! Thanks you for encouragement and messages!!! You guys are a big help!!! Amazing the support we are all getting from each other means alot!!!
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options
    Great way to shout out by the way. Love the QOTD
  • DarleneMedeiros
    Options
    10/3 MONDAY QOTD. I thought I do something fun, so here we go. If you could have any celebrity body part, shape etc,. who would it be?

Shania Twain's everything
  • 6eighteen11
    Options

Prizmaa, I echo back everything you said! It's so motivating to have a supportive and hard-working partner like you! I look forward to your messages of encouragement so much, and I'm so glad we were paired up!
  • tessacope2
    Options
    10/3 MONDAY QOTD. I thought I do something fun, so here we go. If you could have any celebrity body part, shape etc,. who would it be?

I watched DWTS last night, and I think that Ricki Lake is looking great! She is never going to be a petite woman (I won't either), but she is confident and counting inches instead of pounds. It's all about how you feel when you put on your clothes or look in the mirror!
  • tessacope2
    Options

About 2 weeks ago, I decided to get back on MFP after gaining 15 pounds after my wedding. I was down on myself and feeling ashamed of gaining the weight back. I was eating lunch at my desk and looking at some of the MFP message boards (and searching for encouragement) when I found the STARS challenge. What a blessing it has been so far! I needed the encouragement and support of other women, and I found it here.

My partner Rebecca is amazing! She is a single working mother and she has lost 45 pounds on her weight loss journey! When I'm planning my meals or walking after work, I think to myself, if Rebecca can do it, I can too! I'm so grateful for our new friendship...I am so blessed! THANK YOU REBECCA!
  • tartz66
    tartz66 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

I had to give this a lot of thought. I wanted to think of someone that is my age, height, and someone that has had children. I have decided that I would love to look like Salma Hayek! She is absolutely gorgeous!!!
  • tartz66
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I was wondering if anyone knew how to add photos to my posts? I cannot seem to figure it out. Thanks, Terri
  • tartz66
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday 10/4/11: Now that you have been communicating with your partner for a full week, except our newest member on the blue team, I'm sure you have some words of encouragement, congratulations, thankfulness or up lifting... Today is give your partner a public shout out day..

Sarah,
    You are amazing!! You have been very supportive and encouraging. You have been doing such a great job staying accountable, even though we both have our off days, we seem to cheer each other on to keep going. I have learned how strong you are and you have inspired me through your stories. I am so happy that we are teammates. I couldn't do this without you!! I wished we lived closer so we could have coffee and workout together. Thanks for being awesome!! Love you..... Terri
  • Wfortner
    Wfortner Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Hmmm.......its crazy, but this one's a real tough one for me...I dont have television....and we dont really see a lot of movies.....I'm not a crazy hermit, I promise...lol..but I'm sitting here trying to think of celebrities and drawing a blank...I will have to keep thinkin' on this one!!!
  • Wfortner
    Wfortner Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday 10/4/11: Now that you have been communicating with your partner for a full week, except our newest member on the blue team, I'm sure you have some words of encouragement, congratulations, thankfulness or up lifting... Today is give your partner a public shout out day..

Hi Steph!!

I wanted to let you know I am so glad we "connected" on here...Just in the short time we've been chatting, I can tell you are an amazing lady!! Kinda makes me wish we were close enough to go out for coffee...or dinner ( a healthy one, of course) and talk in person :) I would love to see one of your shows!!

You have made fantastic progress and that keeps me motivated....helps me remind myself..."I can do it too"...Thanks!!! Keep up the hard work...

Remember, YOU ARE STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL!!!

I am glad to have you as my partner :) Have a great day!!!!

Wendy
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday 10/4/11
    Shout out to my team partner - jnell ROCKS! She has kept me accountable and encourages me to exercise. Seems like on those days I just don't want to eat right or exercise I get a message that encourages me to move! I have enjoyed getting to know her and about her sweet girls. Thanks J!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Terri,

You have been such a huge help to me in the last week. You always listen to my complaints, and goodness knows I have plenty of them! LOL When I want to give up for the day I know that all I need to do is shoot you a message and you will help get me back on track, that is such a wonderful feeling! I'm so glad we met and that you are my partner through this!

Sarah
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options

My partner nenabug is the perfect partner for this challenge. She has been supportive, genuine and optimistic in her mail to me and these are traits that are essential to a good partner in my view. She also has shown consideration and thoughfulness with regard to my mothers very serious illness and for that I am truly grateful. I am sure she is a delight to her husband and family and I consider myself well blessed that she was chosen to be my challenge partner.

One more thing......... starsnyc21 when we are all looking so fine, we are going to think about you and what you did for us. You rock girl.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I need spellcheck on here!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Sboo I am so proud of your loss last week - you lost enough for both yourself AND me! I hope we both have a killer week this week
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options

I absolutely love this question. It is so sweet. Thanks for posting.

ChatSournois

Your energy is amazing. You have been such a great source of support for me even beyond the challenge. You have shown genuine concern for me, especially during this tough summer. You’ve help me get back on track with this weigh loss journey. And I’m so glad you decided to be apart of this challenge. You are an awesome partner and a great motivator for the team. Without even meeting you in person I know you have a good heart and you deserve all the good things that are coming your way, including this weight loss.

I hope you feel better doll and keep up the great work.:flowerforyou: