Personal Trainer

Options
I'm worried about plateauing as for as exercies goes. I was thinking about getting a personal trainer to work out with a few times a week to kind of push me and my body more. Anyone out there ever work with one before or is now?

Replies

• kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I've seen two different trainers at my gym and have to say, if I had the money, I would see a trainer once or twice a week! I don't know what it is, but they really know how to push me harder than I can ever do on my own. I love meeting with a trainer.

You should go for it!
  • melmccabe
    melmccabe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I work with a personal trainer 3 times a week. I love it!! He is awesome. He pushes me hard and we have fun. In the 8 weeks I have been working with him I have lost 26 pounds and dropped 2 pant sizes. I can't afford to keep him so I am working on my own for 6 weeks and then I will start training with him again for another 8 weeks. If I could keep him around 3 times a week every week I would do it.
  • masterfitness4u
    Options
    Hello! I am a personal trainer and have worked with several trainers over the years. How can I be of service?
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have one and we work out 3 times a week. He is so worth it. I wouldnt push myself as hard as he does if i tried to do it on my own. I have lost all of my weight using him. You should go for it!
  • Betsybeee
    Betsybeee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Working with a personal trainer was one of the best things I did!
  • xinahay123
    Options
    I worked with a trainer 2-3 times per week, for a year. I loved having a trainer. My trainer knew that I love a challenge, and would create stuff, for me to try. it was great! That being said, not every trainer is for everyone, do your research and good luck!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on buying some personal training sessions at my gym in about a month. I've been at this for only 2 weeks, and I really want to be able to climb a flight of stairs without getting winded before I work with a trainer. I will probably do one session every few weeks, mainly so they can give me something new to do to change things up. I'll just have to feel it out. I'm a single mom, so I can't afford to do several sessions a week. I may try to do a session every couple of weeks, though, if I can fit in my budget.
  • casey_when_u_go
    casey_when_u_go Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been working out with my trainer for over a year and I really enjoy it. He pushes me waaaay further than I would ever have pushed myself, he makes sure I exercise properly and don't get injured, and he keeps me motivated and wanting to achieve more.
    Definitely go for it :smile:
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I work out with a trainer and if you can afford it, I recommend it. He pushes me in ways I never would not only with my strength but my cardio ability too! I have tried a couple of trainers but I always go back to the same one. If you are not happy with your trainer and you feel they are not challenging you enough, don't hesitate to try another one. They should be interested in your nutrition too and what you do for exercise on days you are not meeting with them. That's part of their job, motivation! Good luck, let us know how you are doing.
  • CarrieBeard
    CarrieBeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I live in a very rural setting where personal trainers are only a dream... So some of my co-workers and I have gotten some help from the Military... Local National Guard members that have a few minutes, "encourage" us... our local Law enforcement officers have been most helpful with workout suggestions and motivations... The greatest thing for me has been - my co-workers. Sometimes "nagging" is good. Good Luck :smile: