jalapeno jelly

Options
ShinyFraga
ShinyFraga Posts: 132 Member
I would love, love, love it if any of you that have tried and true recipes for this delicious condiment would be willing to share them with me! I am newly obsessed with the stuff! I don't even care if the recipes are low calorie or not (shhhhhh, don't tell MFP). I tried it a few times at farmer's markets, and then again at Chevy's, and I am seriously hooked. Such yummy good flavor! thanks in advance!!!!

Replies

• erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Ya recently I snagged some Jalapeno / Marion Berry Jelly at a farmers market. Total yum action!
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Pour it over a block of cream cheese and serve with crackers...YUMMM!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    bump, i love jalapinos!
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping on this thread because I would love a recipe, I've tried chilli jam but not a jalepeno one, sounds yummy though =)
  • judithmageras
    Options
    3/4 lb jalapeno pepper
    2 cups cider vinegar, divided
    6 cups sugar
    2 (3 ounce) envelopes liquid pectin

1. After removing stems and seeds from jalapenos, puree in food processor with 1 cup cider vinegar.
    2. Combine puree, additional 1 cup cider vinegar, and sugar in large saucepot. Bring to a boil; boil 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
    3. Stir in liquid pectin. Return to a rolling boil and boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
    4. I think some people add green food coloring - you see this a lot in shelved products - I never do ...

This recipe makes A LOT - several jars full ... I make 4-6 jars and dole out to my friends. If I use smaller jars - I can usually fill up 7-10.
  • hbkanumalla
    hbkanumalla Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    http://www.food.com/recipe/jalapeno-jelly-312033?scaleto=5&mode=null&st=true

I LOVE jalapeno jelly or hot red pepper jelly... I have a great recipe with chicken, granny smith apples, and sweet onions! Served with Brown rice...YUM!
  • ShinyFraga
    Options
    3/4 lb jalapeno pepper
    2 cups cider vinegar, divided
    6 cups sugar
    2 (3 ounce) envelopes liquid pectin

1. After removing stems and seeds from jalapenos, puree in food processor with 1 cup cider vinegar.
    2. Combine puree, additional 1 cup cider vinegar, and sugar in large saucepot. Bring to a boil; boil 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
    3. Stir in liquid pectin. Return to a rolling boil and boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
    4. I think some people add green food coloring - you see this a lot in shelved products - I never do ...

This recipe makes A LOT - several jars full ... I make 4-6 jars and dole out to my friends. If I use smaller jars - I can usually fill up 7-10.
    thanks! that sounds simple enough! the others I've tried have been red or clear(ish) with bits of peppers in them.
  • ShinyFraga
    Options
    http://www.food.com/recipe/jalapeno-jelly-312033?scaleto=5&mode=null&st=true

I LOVE jalapeno jelly or hot red pepper jelly... I have a great recipe with chicken, granny smith apples, and sweet onions! Served with Brown rice...YUM!
    thanks for sharing that one! have you tried that particular recipe before? I have a feeling I am going to be making a TON of different batches of the stuff to find just the perfect one for me! :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Pour it over a block of cream cheese and serve with crackers...YUMMM!

^^ This!

And I just got a jar at a farmer's market a couple weeks ago too!!! *squeeeeels* :heart:
  • ShinyFraga
    Options
    maybe I should clarify. I know what to do with the jalapeno jelly. I am looking for recipes to make the jelly. thanks!
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    this recipe is the one I use and it's fab! It isn't for jalapeno but red pepper jelly...a cousin to the jalapeno jelly and sooooo goood!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Spicy-Red-Pepper-Jelly-236699
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Oh my goshhh I love that stuff! My grandma would make it for me and my cousins when I was little. I wish I had her recipe, sorry I'm no help!
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Love it! Can't wait to make a batch!
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump! Love the stuff!