Weightloss, Breast Implants, and Fitness Modeling

Options
13»

Replies

• siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Well, I had mine done after I lost all my weight after having my third child (now I have 4 lol probably because of the implants!) Anyway, I had them done about 8 years ago- It was one of the best things I ever did for myself. Now, I am not one to want anyone to feel bad about their bodies or feel the need to change something- I am actually quite a natural loving person. BUT my boobs went to a small saggy B after 3 kids breast feeding and I just didn't feel sexy... at all.

Once I had them done, a whole new world opened up to me as far as clothing- bathing suits, workout wear- you name it. It all looks good once my weight is in check.

Someone else said it- and I totally agree- do not go too huge. I let the dr decide what he felt was good for my body- telling him I wanted a natural look- and he did a perfect job. I hate the look of giant fake boobs on these tiny petite women- they look like they could tip over. Also, I have saline- and no- they do NOT feel natural. At all. period.

BUT they look awesome! Good luck.

Did your 4th pregnancy affect your implants? EVERYONE is telling me to wait till after I have kids to get them.. Does it make that big of a diff? What size did u get and did u get silicone or saline?

I got saline implants (silicone was kind of taboo when I got them done) but I have friends that have silicone and they feel much much nicer. As far as size, I went to a 36 DD. I know that sounds really big, but I am 5'10 with an extremely athletic build. I am not slight.

I was really worried about them when I got pregnant again because I had heard the same exact thing. BUT I am thrilled to say, pregnancy came and went- my boobs are still exactly where they are supposed to be and they look exactly the same. Also, I was able to breast feel until my baby was 7 months- no problem. but that is not always the case- so if breast feeding is really important to you, really think about it- there is a risk you won't be able to.

Also, I had mine done under my muscle which I think has really helped them stay in place and look much more natural.

So pregnancy didnt affect them?? AWESOME! Yeah the ppl who were telling me to wait till after i have kids to get them either DONT have implants or got them after kids. YAY! Im excitedddddd. Getting silicone, under the muscle..
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Well, I had mine done after I lost all my weight after having my third child (now I have 4 lol probably because of the implants!) Anyway, I had them done about 8 years ago- It was one of the best things I ever did for myself. Now, I am not one to want anyone to feel bad about their bodies or feel the need to change something- I am actually quite a natural loving person. BUT my boobs went to a small saggy B after 3 kids breast feeding and I just didn't feel sexy... at all.

Once I had them done, a whole new world opened up to me as far as clothing- bathing suits, workout wear- you name it. It all looks good once my weight is in check.

Someone else said it- and I totally agree- do not go too huge. I let the dr decide what he felt was good for my body- telling him I wanted a natural look- and he did a perfect job. I hate the look of giant fake boobs on these tiny petite women- they look like they could tip over. Also, I have saline- and no- they do NOT feel natural. At all. period.

BUT they look awesome! Good luck.

Exactly this!! I had 2 kids and mine were destroyed after 2 years of back to back breastfeeding.

I also went small because I am very athletic. You can only tell I have them when I want them to be pronounced. Mine look very natural on my body. I have a 32C and before kids I was a B, so I only went up slightly. I would never go any bigger as I am very petite (5'3" and 110 pounds). I can still fit in size small shirts.
  • siabevis
    Options
    I have considered them time and time again. My wallet decided against it for me, lol. So, for my competition coming up, I just ordered those "chicken cutlet thingies" for the bikini top to push up and together the boobies to "create" cleavage. That way was SO much cheaper than the surgery, and no down time, either! :bigsmile:

But, if I could, I would. In a heart beat. Do you and don't worry about anyone else. By the way, you are SMOKING hot!

Me hot?? YOU ARE HOT ;) Haha thankyou!
  • siabevis
    Options
    NOTHING beats those abs with a nice rear and some athletic built legs. however, its ya'll choice and seems like your mind is made. My wife has fake ones. I didnt like at first but they actually were better after kids. they looked and even had a more realistic feel. In stead of firm and a "stay put stance no matter what" they relaxed but reamained "perky" and looked much better IMHO.

so pregnancy made her implants better?
  • siabevis
    Options
    Hope this works!
    Here's my pic, 3 months after they were done. Not the greatest pic of me tho lol

1243-1.jpg

Mine are cohesive gel and when they are in a bra they look amazing! lol

Cute!
  • Bamacraft
    Bamacraft Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    NOTHING beats those abs with a nice rear and some athletic built legs. however, its ya'll choice and seems like your mind is made. My wife has fake ones. I didnt like at first but they actually were better after kids. they looked and even had a more realistic feel. In stead of firm and a "stay put stance no matter what" they relaxed but reamained "perky" and looked much better IMHO.

so pregnancy made her implants better?

Yes, i think the natural enlargement of her breast during the pregnancy helped them. may have stretched the muscle and then when she returned to her normal weight they were more relaxed (but didnt sag) if that makes sense.
  • Caz2678
    Caz2678 Posts: 49
    Options
    Cute? lol Noooooo defo not cute hehe

Oh on the subject of babies after implants....I have just had a baby 5 months ago and i breastfed for 3 months. I got mine done in 2004 from a large reputable company and they were insured for 4 years! It took me about 2 weeks to get over the op tho :cry:

Mine are exactly as they were before i got pregnant! Still pert and round :tongue:
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I was actually looking at mine the other day and am seriously considering fake ones. They're just so much smaller now, and not as perky anymore :(
  • kfitz10103
    Options
    I have been contemplating the same thing.... My boobies are small as it is and the more body fat I lose the smaller they become. I decided to wait till I have kids to enlarge them because I hear that they change after childbirth and sometimes get bigger (hopefully), besides I want to make sure I can breast feed.

As far as fitness modeling... I believe getting breast implants is almost a must especially if you are planning on competing. it gives you the feminine sexy look. Just don't get them too big (that looks fake and yucky in my opinion), get them natural!!!

Who doesn't love boobies?!

If you are planning on breastfeeding I would agree that you wait. I was a DD before kids and while breastfeeding 2 of them I went up to an E, but after the weight loss I am down to a D. Some women keep the size after breastfeeding and some get smaller afterwards. I am looking forward to my surgery in the next year or two.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I hope you don't, cause there's just so many reasons against fake boobs.

Go on. Im listening :) I want to know what a man truly thinks of em!!

I'm sure that I'll be different than most men. But personally, I'm not a fan of surgery and things like that. There are too many complications and problems that can arise from having them done. Plus some women get them too freakin' big for their body.

I'd rather have naturals then fakes. Age happens, it's something you should learn to accept and progress with, instead of trying to "fix".

Oh, and FYI, boobs > *kitten*. But natural > fake. Any day.

I respect your opinion but I wanted to comment on the whole "age happens." My lovely 22 year old boobs were left deflated after giving birth to my first child...at 22. I'm 27 years old with the chest of a grandma due to pregnancy, weight loss and nursing. So yeah...I want to "fix" what having children did to my chest..just like my midsection.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting until I'm done having kids. All the women I know that had them before having kids had to get them redone after, and I'd rather just wait. Also, I nused my first kiddo for 16 months and would love to do the same for the second. With all the allergies in my blood line it was a real life and money saver, I know some women can successfully nurse after having the surgery, but most of the women I personally know who had surgery also had related nursing issues and just couldn't do it.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Some people aren't going to like fake boobs (just like some people don't like 6 packs :wink:). That is okay. Like all things you have to be aware of, and accept that people have opposing points of view.
  • siabevis
    Options
    not sure if im going to nurse.. not planning on kids anytime soon, if i do decide to have any! lol
  • Caz2678
    Caz2678 Posts: 49
    Options
    I didn't plan on having another baby after having my implants. But it happens - a lot!

When i was pregnant i was really worried about it and i was told by my consultant that "if the implants have been placed properly and no tissue was removed then you should be able to breastfeed no problem and they may only be slightly affected afterwards".

Its people who have implants and uplifts at the same time that have problems as the nipple it cut out and some of the breast tissue removed.

I made the decision for me and no-one else and i urge anyone else to do the same if they are considering it :D
  • siabevis
    Options
    I didn't plan on having another baby after having my implants. But it happens - a lot!

When i was pregnant i was really worried about it and i was told by my consultant that "if the implants have been placed properly and no tissue was removed then you should be able to breastfeed no problem and they may only be slightly affected afterwards".

Its people who have implants and uplifts at the same time that have problems as the nipple it cut out and some of the breast tissue removed.

I made the decision for me and no-one else and i urge anyone else to do the same if they are considering it :D

Awesome! Well I am either getting mine in the spring or the summer. Will have to post photos of my before and after haha. (with a top on of course)
  • MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have had my implants for 8 years now. I was 27 when I got them. They are saline because I got mine right around the time they were having all of the problems with silicone so all that was offered was saline. My sister-in-law is actually getting implants tomorrow. Hers will be silicone, as they have great ones now that don't pose the health risk they once did and they look and feel more natural than saline.

Mine were placed under the muscle. I went from a small B to a D. I have larger hips so they made my proportions a little better in my eyes. I got them because I was tired of not being able to fit into bras/looking terrible in shirts because of how my natural breast tissue was situated.

I got pregnant about 2 years after I got the implants. I went to a full DD while pregnant and after. I breastfeed for almost a full year with no problems. After nursing as my breasts shrank down, I actually liked them more. They have a little bit of a natural "sag" instead of being obviously fake and they are not perfectly symmetrical.

The one comment I will make about kids is if you are active with them and like to wrestle and let them climb on you, your breasts may end up shifting around a little. My son liked to pounce on me and lay on me and it seems all the pressure has made the "pocket" that my left implant sits in stretch out a little so now when I lay flat, my implant moves to the outside a little. Of course, it has been 8 years. I do plan on having new silicone ones put in in a few years. I won't go any larger and I hope that with the little natural sag I have now, they will not end up as perky as "fake" breasts can look.

Definitely interview many doctors. Do your research to find out the right question to ask. My sister-in-law went to 6 or 7 doctors with a spreadsheet with all her questions and all of the doctors. She let the doctors know who else she was interviewing and what they were saying.