End of day and too many cals left....

Options
I had a weird day today, odd meal times and whatnot, and consequently still have about 900 cals left for the day. This is unusual for me. I wondered what you all do in a case like this? I'm really not hungry. I'm not stuffed to the brim, but I'm not hungry.

For me, this has been a major breakthrough! I've only just... maybe even today come to terms with the fact that I know when I'm full now, before I'm stuffed! Biiiig deal for me. :happy:

So, what do you all do in a case like this? (I ate two puddings for dessert... well, one of my own and finished the other halves of the ones my kids didn't eat.)

Replies

• ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    I had a weird day today, odd meal times and whatnot, and consequently still have about 900 cals left for the day. This is unusual for me. I wondered what you all do in a case like this? I'm really not hungry. I'm not stuffed to the brim, but I'm not hungry.

For me, this has been a major breakthrough! I've only just... maybe even today come to terms with the fact that I know when I'm full now, before I'm stuffed! Biiiig deal for me. :happy:

So, what do you all do in a case like this? (I ate two puddings for dessert... well, one of my own and finished the other halves of the ones my kids didn't eat.)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it's the end of the day there already? :huh: it's just 5pm here. I vote pizza. I love blowing extra cals on pizza :bigsmile:
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    it's the end of the day there already? :huh: it's just 5pm here. I vote pizza. I love blowing extra cals on pizza :bigsmile:

Well, it's six here and I don't usually eat past 7, so it's the end of the "eating" day. :laugh:

Hmm pizza, eh?
  • kerrilucko
    Options

Well, it's six here and I don't usually eat past 7, so it's the end of the "eating" day. :laugh:

Hmm pizza, eh?

ahhh I see. I'm more of a night eater myself. I mean, I don't think you should STUFF yourself but a slice or 2 couldn't hurt. order one with tons of veggies so you're getting lots of nutrition too- ask if they have whole wheat crusts. I love pizza. mmmmmm.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I have never had 900 left. I've had 200-300 a few times. That's an easy amount to fill in with. But 900 is a whole meal! Knowing I had that many I'd be looking for some serious food. You don't have to eat all 900 but I'd try to get a good portion of them in.
  • ladyofivy
    Options

Hmm pizza, eh?

ahhh I see. I'm more of a night eater myself. I mean, I don't think you should STUFF yourself but a slice or 2 couldn't hurt. order one with tons of veggies so you're getting lots of nutrition too- ask if they have whole wheat crusts. I love pizza. mmmmmm.

I'm actually not a huge pizza fan... I have to be in the right mood for it... Hmmmm...
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    I have never had 900 left. I've had 200-300 a few times. That's an easy amount to fill in with. But 900 is a whole meal! Knowing I had that many I'd be looking for some serious food. You don't have to eat all 900 but I'd try to get a good portion of them in.

Yeah :embarassed: because I actually did miss a whole meal. It was a weird day, I never do that, ordinarily. My kids spent the night at my parent's house, so my husband and I slept in, went to the gym together, came home and showered, and then went to a late breakfast, and left there at around 11AM.

So our kids ate lunch at noon and we weren't hungry. I waited until almost 5PM to have dinner so that it would be more "normal" dinnertime for them, but had to rush to the store in between those times because my husband had to leave for work by 4PM and the other vehicle is in the shop.

Too many details? :laugh:

Case in point, I am missing a whole meal. Hmm I could heat up last night's Olive Garden... stuffed chicken marsala and pasta fagioli soup.... Mmmmm I only ate half of each last night! And we have mondo breadsticks.....
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Are you a nut girl? 2 handfuls of walnuts or cashews should get you about halfway there.

A saw your post. A breadstick could do the trick.
  • amahlman
    amahlman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I always like to have a glass or two of wine and some chocolate. I would think about how you might feel like you have rewarded yourself with something special. I would feel jipped if I spent it on walnuts but we are all different. I suppose the healthier options are better but seriously, I go to the gym so I can have some indulgences. Life is to short not to treat yourself for your hardwork.
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    Are you a nut girl? 2 handfuls of walnuts or cashews should get you about halfway there.

A saw your post. A breadstick could do the trick.

When I first read your post, I thought you were asking me if I'm nuts. :laugh: I do love nuts, but don't have any in the house. Oh I do have sunflower seeds though.....

Yes, a breadstick is 150 cals! :noway: I only ate half of one last night. :smile: (I'm such a good girl sometimes!)
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I would say that if you're not hungry, then don't eat until you are. It's silly to eat just because a website tells you that you have some room. Listen to your body and do what it says instead. You mentioned that you've just recently gained the ability to know when you are actually hungry and when you're not. That is the number one best tool for loosing weight, and you don't want to give it up when you just got it!

But, when you DO get hungry, go ahead and have something a little sinful - lol, you don't get these chances very often!
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    I always like to have a glass or two of wine and some chocolate. I would think about how you might feel like you have rewarded yourself with something special. I would feel jipped if I spent it on walnuts but we are all different. I suppose the healthier options are better but seriously, I go to the gym so I can have some indulgences. Life is to short not to treat yourself for your hardwork.

Ahh I wish I could stand alcohol. :laugh: That does sound indulgent.... :smile: I might just see what I've got in the house to indulge in.....
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    I would say that if you're not hungry, then don't eat until you are. It's silly to eat just because a website tells you that you have some room. Listen to your body and do what it says instead. You mentioned that you've just recently gained the ability to know when you are actually hungry and when you're not. That is the number one best tool for loosing weight, and you don't want to give it up when you just got it!

But, when you DO get hungry, go ahead and have something a little sinful - lol, you don't get these chances very often!

Yes, I was worried about that, too... I might wait until the kids go to bed in 90 minutes, and then see if I really want to "pig out". :happy:
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Kerri, did you eat all your exercise calories when you lost all that weight?
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    When I have calories left over, I get cereal for "dessert"! :happy:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options

Aaahhh!!!!:bigsmile: I concur!!!! I love to use extra cals on a good glass of red wine! I will throw in some extra cardio to have my wine!!!!:love:
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I just got done with and 11 mile run. It is almost 6 here and I have 1100 calories left. There is no way I will eat them all-even if I got drunk I would still have some left!:drinker:
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    Kerri, did you eat all your exercise calories when you lost all that weight?

yep. I usually only burned between 200-400 cals though, I'm not one of those 1000 cal a day burners. Occaisionally I have big numbers. The problems happen when you don't plan for a workout- which I almost always do. I'm big on planning these days.
  • knlamb10
    knlamb10 Posts: 33
    Options
    I would say if you want to indulge in a favorite of yours, that you never have the chance to, do it! whatever that food, meal may be.

If not.. I would still eat something.. like nuts or cereal, or a salad. Sometimes if you are used to starving yourself... and then eating till your gorged.. you body may still be in training and waiting for that severe hunger to throw you under the bus! You want to teach it to eat a little every few hours... get that furnace burning the fat you dont want. I do believe you need to listen to your body if your not hungy dont eat...... but you are also still trying to train it. Do you not work out when you feel sore and tired? No you still do it because you know its what it takes to get where you want your body to be. Good luck1:glasses:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Why don't you eat past 7? I eat until I go to bed. :laugh: