Truck driver

Options
I drive a semi and have always had a hard time with snacking. I have recently returned from winter layoff and looking forward to keeping with the program. My question is would it be better for me to group my food into meals each day or spread it out throughout the day. I have only been back a few days and staying in my daily goals has been easy but I have been spreading it out making sure I stop a couple hours before coming home for dinner. My wife plans dinner the night before and helps me plan my food for the next day so I know the amount will be ok. Should I eat all my breakfast at once and all of my lunch at once or a little here and there?

Replies

• William77
    William77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I drive a semi and have always had a hard time with snacking. I have recently returned from winter layoff and looking forward to keeping with the program. My question is would it be better for me to group my food into meals each day or spread it out throughout the day. I have only been back a few days and staying in my daily goals has been easy but I have been spreading it out making sure I stop a couple hours before coming home for dinner. My wife plans dinner the night before and helps me plan my food for the next day so I know the amount will be ok. Should I eat all my breakfast at once and all of my lunch at once or a little here and there?
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    I would suggest, if it has been working for you, to continue to eat as closely as possible to what has been working for you. If you eat a smaller breakfast, plan your snacks for 2 hours after breakfast, the same with lunch...Good Luck!!! Best to you always
    Rick
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Either way is fine. Many people like several small meals throughout the day. I myself prefer larger meals, with a few very small snacks thrown in- things like yogurt or fruit.
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    rstarks54
    sent you a message. Email me if you have any questions