p90x 90 day challenge October 1

Options

Replies

• CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Thanks Carolyn and Kelly, I will definitely remember that advice!! Just finished my FIRST workout today and.... WOW!!!! I had to modify a lot of it so I know I've got a long way to go, but I feel great and am excited to stick with this :happy: ! I know I am going to be sooo sore tomorrow but that's okay because I'm still gonna BRING IT just like all of you!!!

Good job Holly! You will probably be sore, really sore this week, but it will pass! You're going to be amazed at how strong you will get in a few months. It's exciting! Have fun with Plyo tomorrow. It's a really fun workout! :)
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    Got through Shoulders and Arms and Ab Ripper X this morning. Shoulders and Arms almost felt like a breather after Plyometrics! Man, that really took it right out of me. But ARX makes up for it all. I can't even do some of the moves at all - I just visualize doing them and hope that eventually I'll actually be able to do them in fact. Yoga X tomorrow - should be interesting. It's supposed to be a very challenging workout. But I will complete the session! Do your best, and forget the rest!

How's everyone else out there doing?

I had Shoulders and Arms today too! It was just what I needed. Have fun with Yoga X. It's a kick butt yoga workout. I was surprised how sore I was after doing a yoga workout and how much I sweat! Have fun and you're right....Do your best and forget the rest! WOO HOO! :happy:
  • mdm3
    mdm3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Okay, so here's a question for everybody. I am two days into the "lean" program and find that according to my HRM, I was actually burning more calories under the P90 Master workouts. I am seeing changes in my body and am very happy with my increased cardio, but...since my goal is weight loss and fitness, should I: 1) switch to the "standard" program; or 2) add some additional cardio sessions?

Would really appreciate your thoughts.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread!! I took my fit test, measurements and pictures on October 1 and did my first workout on the 2nd!! My boyfriend (who is not a MFP user) is doing it with me :)

So far I love it! We are both very sore :)
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to join your challenge. I started the P90X/Insanity Hybrid last night (Oct.3). I just finished the Insanity program on Saturday. I did Chest & Back and ABX and loved it! I got through the push ups pretty well but used the bands on the bar instead of full pull ups. I used 8 pound weights and the 30 pound band and have 0 soreness today, which tells me I can up my weights for the next workout. So when I do Chest and Back again I will use 10 pound weights and the 40 pound resistance band.

Let me know if its not to late to join.
  • TheMeganHanson
    Options
    I started on the 1st also. I put a group together on FB also for those starting in October!!! BRING IT!
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am a few days late, I started today. My resistance bands finally got delivered!! I loved it. I did the best that I could do, even if I am still doing push ups on my knees. Going to do the ab ripper when the kids get to bed. Maybe my partner will join me.

Nice to meet you all. Will read back in the thread as soon as I can.

Laura
  • lilyinlove
    Options
    I did Chest/Back and Ab Ripper today.....I feel like such a weakling!!! I have to do "girl push-ups" and I cant do even ONE pull-up....I had to do all of those using the band technique.....it will be intersting to see if this improves over time!!

Everyone is doing great!!!

I still do girl push ups, but no shame... better than doing none at all. I have the bands because at the moment there is no way I could do even one pull up.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I did Chest/Back and Ab Ripper today.....I feel like such a weakling!!! I have to do "girl push-ups" and I cant do even ONE pull-up....I had to do all of those using the band technique.....it will be intersting to see if this improves over time!!

Everyone is doing great!!!

I still do girl push ups, but no shame... better than doing none at all. I have the bands because at the moment there is no way I could do even one pull up.

I use a chair to help with the pull-ups! I still feel the burn too :)
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    WELCOME to all those who have recently joined! I am at work right now, but I look forward to chatting and hearing how everyone did later. In the mean time keep on BRINGING IT! You all are ROCK STARS! Kelly :)
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    I just found this thread!! I took my fit test, measurements and pictures on October 1 and did my first workout on the 2nd!! My boyfriend (who is not a MFP user) is doing it with me :)

So far I love it! We are both very sore :)
    Welcome and good job with taking pics, measurements and doing the fit test. The measurements are very important. Many people gain weight during p90x, me being one of them, BUT I lost inches and went down more than a full size in my clothes! That was big to me, more so than losing a number on the scale BIG!
    Have fun and I can't wait to hear more about your progress!
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    I am a few days late, I started today. My resistance bands finally got delivered!! I loved it. I did the best that I could do, even if I am still doing push ups on my knees. Going to do the ab ripper when the kids get to bed. Maybe my partner will join me.

Nice to meet you all. Will read back in the thread as soon as I can.

Laura

Starting is the 1st step to success! WAY TO GO!
    I started out by doing push ups on my knees too, but I kept at it and was doing boy style pushups mid way through p90x. If you keep at it you will get stronger. Go at your own pace, do your best and forget the rest! :)
  • lilyinlove
    Options
    Thanks Kelly. I just finished ab ripper and my 12 year old was my spectator. He said I sound like a pump... Then He asked if I could pump up his bike wheel for him. Laughing and ab ripper don't mix. I did it, did my best and look forward to improving each time. I love the p90x. It's exactly what I have been looking for.
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Kenpo tonight for me!!! My back and chest are still sore from 2 nights ago!!! But liking it so far....first 5k tomorrow then I will be back for legs/back!!
  • cutie2superhottie
    cutie2superhottie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just found this on the message board .I can start today is it okay to be 4 day behind . I am currently doing 30shred which I stared on Monday Oct 3. I really want to get in shape and improve My health I exercise in the morning and then again in the evening. I have been walking and doing teabo, yoga and the elliptical and have lost some weight but have not lost many inches.
  • carojenkins
    Options
    Bunch of newcomers to this thread. That's great. Welcome to you all! This is shaping up to be a fantastic support group.

I completed Yoga X this morning. The first half of the workout had me sweating up a storm. It's a real workout! I'm pretty tight, so a lot of the individual moves were difficult, but I did my best. Look forward to gaining more flexibility.

Keep it up, everyone. We're doing great!
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    Just found this on the message board .I can start today is it okay to be 4 day behind . I am currently doing 30shred which I stared on Monday Oct 3. I really want to get in shape and improve My health I exercise in the morning and then again in the evening. I have been walking and doing teabo, yoga and the elliptical and have lost some weight but have not lost many inches.

YES get started! We would love you to join us! :)
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    Bunch of newcomers to this thread. That's great. Welcome to you all! This is shaping up to be a fantastic support group.

I completed Yoga X this morning. The first half of the workout had me sweating up a storm. It's a real workout! I'm pretty tight, so a lot of the individual moves were difficult, but I did my best. Look forward to gaining more flexibility.

Keep it up, everyone. We're doing great!

It really is a kick butt yoga workout. I remember the 1st time I did the yoga x I was thinking it would be somewhat easy...WRONG! It kicked my butt all over the place. I was dying! LOL! Good to hear you got through it.
    I'm excited about everyone on the thread. You're right it's shaping up to be a fantastic support group! I LOVE IT! :)
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    Hello my challenge peeps. Loved hearing how some of you did today. How are the rest of you coming along?
    As most of you know I'm doing a p90x/running hybrid and swapping out the some of the p90x cardio with running. Today was my run day. I struggled, but got my scheduled 4 mile run in. I've been tired all day today. I think it has something to do with the dramatic weather change and I'm sure my body is still trying to recover from Sundays 20 mile training run. BUT I still gave it all I had and kicked out 37 minutes 4.25 mile run. Now I'm getting ready to head out for my nightly 3 mile walk with hubby and my puppies.
    Tomorrow is Yoga X for me!
    A REMINDER, no matter how tired you are KEEP ON PUSHING PLAY! I'm proud of you all! Kelly :flowerforyou:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    With the wonderful advice of the fabulous Coach Kelly....I am taking today as my rest day since tomorrow is my very first 5k race!!! So I will be back to the p90x part of my hybrid on Thursday night!!