i hate this!

Options
while i have gained more muscle i still weigh the same as when i was eating fast food and ice cream all the time. i know i am probably more healthier on the inside by eating healthier foods but it is so irritating when i gave up fast food, liquor, and ice cream and 1.) i still weight the same and 2.) my boyfriend and friends all eat this junk and do not gain weight!!!! sometimes i just want to be able to eat like a normal person and not have to worry about caloires.

Replies

• acraft83
    acraft83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ha...well first you can't go by your bf and his weight loss or maintenance. My husband has lost about 20 or more lbs by virtually changing not a thing in his diet, only lifting for about 30 minutes 4 times a week and I'm nearly stressing myself to death to lose the same. Guys are different and you might as well punch him for it now, because it probably won't get any better...LOL!
    :happy:
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    I am in the same situation. I was losing, now all I'm doing is maintaining and my husband is still losing; it's not what I want and I'm getting frustrasted to.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You are NOT alone......I battle with this all the time....I workout all the time, eat clean food (most of the time) and I'm still not at my goal weight or close to.....and yes my husband eats and drinks whatever he likes all day every day and does not put on weight....we just have to keep pushing on I guess, I've tried zigzagging, lowering calories, upping cardio, EVERYTHING possible and the last 5kilos just won't budge...hang in there!!!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. But you have to realize that being healthy overall is better than theirs. So look at their chips as little fat packs lol ;o)
  • Bella7810
    Options
    What about your measurements?Have you gone down in size? Your weight loss will get to a point where you can't go by the scale anymore. I'm at that point. My fiance keeps dropping weight but I don't. My body is at a point where it is not going to lose weight simply from a diet change. Further weight loss and outward changes are going to come about through my exercise change. I'm sure you've seen my posts about doing TurboFire. That is kicking my a** into shape really fast and I am losing inches although my weight on the scale is staying the same. I LOOK thinner. I fit into my clothes better.

If you can see changes like that, then screw the scale. Scales work for the dark side anyways.
  • scooter43522
    scooter43522 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    it's a pain in the butt, I know. My only suggestion is what I have tried. I like the churn style ice cream when I want to splurge, and I will have a light beer or two on the weekend. On weekends, when I am with my boyfriend, I just eat approximately half what he does (he loves to eat and is an amazing cook), skip the sauces, get the wings "naked" instead of breaded, and save where I can. It's not eating totally normal, but it's livable for me.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Have you heard of the word "skinny fat" or thin people who has pockets of fat in their belly or thighs or their cellulite? Your BF & others might be looking thin with clothes on but once they lift their shirts, they look gross & flabby. Not to mention the dangerous health risk that these people are facing if they don't eat right. They also face the exact similar risk as with those sedentary obese or overweight people. Being thin is no excuse not to workout & just eat junk foods. Also FYI, men are naturally thinner than us girls because they simply have more muscle & less fat while women has more fat & less muscle which explains why guys lose weight more easily than women.
    So what you are grudging here is totally ridiculous & nonsense (honestly speaking I find your venting here very amusing & funny that I'm laughing here right now) because there really is no reason to envy them!!! Being fat & fit is way better than being a skinny fat.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    while i have gained more muscle i still weigh the same as when i was eating fast food and ice cream all the time. i know i am probably more healthier on the inside by eating healthier foods but it is so irritating when i gave up fast food, liquor, and ice cream and 1.) i still weight the same and 2.) my boyfriend and friends all eat this junk and do not gain weight!!!! sometimes i just want to be able to eat like a normal person and not have to worry about caloires.

Just remind yourself that they are not eating like a normal person with all of that fast food and junk. You are eating like a normal person SHOULD when you are making good food choices. And your body will thank you for it in the long run. Chin up!
  • Pickedlast4gym
    Options
    I am in this boat too.....
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I guess I am in that small category of people that does NOT envy people who eat fast food, etc. I LOVE nutritious food and would feel like I was in prison if I had to eat what most people "enjoy". I don't envy smokers who are cancer free or alcoholics that have no DUI's, either. If they are beating the odds for now, good for them.

Your friends and BF may be not be fat now, but poor nutrition catches up with you eventually - in one way or another. You've got a head start on being healthy and it is one less thing to worry about.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    What about your measurements?Have you gone down in size? Your weight loss will get to a point where you can't go by the scale anymore. I'm at that point. My fiance keeps dropping weight but I don't. My body is at a point where it is not going to lose weight simply from a diet change. Further weight loss and outward changes are going to come about through my exercise change. I'm sure you've seen my posts about doing TurboFire. That is kicking my a** into shape really fast and I am losing inches although my weight on the scale is staying the same. I LOOK thinner. I fit into my clothes better.

If you can see changes like that, then screw the scale. Scales work for the dark side anyways.

my measurments have went down a little but nothing really significant. my clothes fit the same. I just dont get it. and sometimes i think i might as well eat whatever i want because i used to and i weighed the same as i do now. but i am scared that if i start eating crap, i will gain because my body is not used to it anymore
  • acraft83
    acraft83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ha...so collectively I think we can agree on this...men you can't live without em, and you can't lose weight with em....LOL! Just stay on track and if it helps tell him not to tell you about his effortless weight loss because it just discourages you and makes you want to eat the same stuff he is which may not be great.
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Just remind yourself that they are not eating like a normal person with all of that fast food and junk. You are eating like a normal person SHOULD when you are making good food choices. And your body will thank you for it in the long run. Chin up!

Ditto ! They are eating like the 34% of obese in this country. These habits WILL catch up with them if they don't change. It isn't healthy, he will age quickly, have higher cholesterol, high blood pressure, possible diabetes, heart disease.

You're living a healthy lifestyle and that WILL show as well!
  • scootsgirl
    Options
    Give it time. The more muscle you gain, the more fat you'll burn. It won't happen overnight. This process takes time, but it is worth it. Cardio is important, but so is the weightlifting. You will start to see changes in your body, and your clothes will begin to fit better. Trust me, I felt the same way at one time.
  • Jessicaruby
    Options
    i have been at this for 9 months!!! i went down 5lbs briefly but then went right back to 130lbs. i may lose or gain a lb here or there but always return to the same weight
  • aqua4u75
    Options
    Have you heard of the word "skinny fat" or thin people who has pockets of fat in their belly or thighs or their cellulite? Your BF & others might be looking thin with clothes on but once they lift their shirts, they look gross & flabby. Not to mention the dangerous health risk that these people are facing if they don't eat right. They also face the exact similar risk as with those sedentary obese or overweight people. Being thin is no excuse not to workout & just eat junk foods. Also FYI, men are naturally thinner than us girls because they simply have more muscle & less fat while women has more fat & less muscle which explains why guys lose weight more easily than women.
    So what you are grudging here is totally ridiculous & nonsense (honestly speaking I find your venting here very amusing & funny that I'm laughing here right now) because there really is no reason to envy them!!! Being fat & fit is way better than being a skinny fat.

I know exactly where you're coming from :D I used to be super skinny (probably very close to being under weight), but if you looked at my blood work you would have thought I was a super morbidly obese person. All I would eat was baccon and anything that once breathed life from it's mouth. If it was good for me it wasn't in my diet. Now that I am older my body has changed, because I am now not a little girl, I am a woman. I am .1% overweight which isn't much, but it is still in the overweight category. I have lost quite a bit of weight, but now that I am just barely creeping over my normal weight I am actually more healthy than I have ever been in my life. Even when I was at my heaviest I feel I was more healthy inside than I was when I was skinny. So, weight is mearly a number. Once you're aware and happy with your inner health not so much your outter appearance is when you will understand and be able to connect your mind, heart and soul into your worouts and personal life.
  • Jessicaruby
    Options
    i just dont know what else to do. i have tried everything to lose weight and i just can not! i am focusing more on toning and strength training now because i want to get really toned but i am not very knowledgable about this and i dont really know what to do or eat when doing this
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    A slightly different perspective from someone who just turned 50!

I'm looking at an internet dating site and the guys my age, ew. (I know it is superficial but it is all you have to go on on the internet). I was so surprised because all the dudes in my cycling club look really good for their age.

Then it dawned on me - you can probably abuse your body and have it not show if you have good genes, in your 20s, 30s and maybe even your 40s, but by the time you are my age, your body really reflects how you have treated it. My first husband was gorgeous, fit, slim and could eat anything in his 20s and 30s, and now he is really struggling because he never looked after himself.

I know it seems unfair now, but NOONE gets a free pass, it will bite them on the butt later in life.

GG
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I completely hear you! I am feeling pretty frustrated too. My first 10 pounds came off pretty easily, and now I haven't lost at all in a week and a half :/ It's so frustrating b/c I have sooooo much more to lose.
  • Tambra1030
    Options
    I am married to a guy who weighs the same as he did when we got married thirty years ago and he eats way more food than I do and loves his sweets. However, his cholesterol level is awful! So, you can be slim and not be healthy and there is a reason that women live longer than men on average. It is frustrating but I guess you have to ask yourself what you really want and then set your mind to do it. It is like my momma always said "if your friends jump off a bridge it doesn't mean you have to do it" and I guess eating unhealthy food might be your "bridge". Stay the course and be true to yourself -- you will triumph in the long run.