Love the site! - Another newbie

Options
Just wanted to chime in and give this site a BIG thumbs up. I joined last Tuesday Oct. 2 and have been lurking around reading posts from all of the great members in the community. Since joining last week and using the site religiously, I have already lost 8 lbs! The posts have a lot of great info in them and I share many of the problems that many others have in the weight loss dilemma. It's great to have that support system in place. I may not post much, but I do enjoy reading. Keep up the great work! Big kudos to Mike for making this site and making it FREE! God Bless.

Replies

• reyals
    reyals Posts: 6
    Options
    Just wanted to chime in and give this site a BIG thumbs up. I joined last Tuesday Oct. 2 and have been lurking around reading posts from all of the great members in the community. Since joining last week and using the site religiously, I have already lost 8 lbs! The posts have a lot of great info in them and I share many of the problems that many others have in the weight loss dilemma. It's great to have that support system in place. I may not post much, but I do enjoy reading. Keep up the great work! Big kudos to Mike for making this site and making it FREE! God Bless.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    reyals,

Welcome !

Isn't that first week magical?! I couldn't believe how easy it was to lose seven pounds. I've had to step things up quite a bit, though, to keep up with my goals.

I started on August 22 at 195 - my goal is 158 by May 1, 2008, this morning I was 181 - but I've been "hovering" at that weight for a couple weeks.

So this week I started strength training. It's fun! And it's cool how all the different muscles hurt and I really didn't even know they were there before. I like it.

Good luck to you, this is a great place, and Mike is awesome (the webmaster). There are many knowledgable people here who have a wealth of information.

~Cheryl