p90x 90 day challenge October 1

Options

Replies

• CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Okay, so here's a question for everybody. I am two days into the "lean" program and find that according to my HRM, I was actually burning more calories under the P90 Master workouts. I am seeing changes in my body and am very happy with my increased cardio, but...since my goal is weight loss and fitness, should I: 1) switch to the "standard" program; or 2) add some additional cardio sessions?

Would really appreciate your thoughts.
    If you don't feel like you are getting a good burn and want to add more cardio. I would say go for it! Do doubles by adding your own cardio or more of the p90x cardio workouts. My 1st go around with p90x I fallowed the classic schedule to a T and I still went to the gym before my p90x workout and ran anywhere from 30-50 minutes. I couldn't give up my running. I always go for a 3 mile walk at night! That to me is more like an hour of chill time to spend with my hubby and puppies though. Let us know what you plan to do and how you feel. Kelly :)
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    With the wonderful advice of the fabulous Coach Kelly....I am taking today as my rest day since tomorrow is my very first 5k race!!! So I will be back to the p90x part of my hybrid on Thursday night!!

I'm SO EXCITED to hear how your 1st 5k goes! Please post as soon as you can! Good luck! I'll be cheering you on all the way!!! WOO HOO!!! Go get em' Abby! :happy:
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I did my first round of Plyo today and I am shattered. I could not for the life of me do rockstar jumps. Oh well I tried my very best.
  • Puddle4
    Puddle4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Saw this thread a bit late, but I started the first power 90 September 30th. I haven't worked out at all in over a year, so I thought p90x might be too much of a jump. Hopefully I'll stick to it and the diet plan, its going to be a challenge with the holidays coming up!
  • mdm3
    mdm3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice Coach Kelly. I think I'm going to switch to the Classic program and also add in a bit of cardio.
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    I did my first round of Plyo today and I am shattered. I could not for the life of me do rockstar jumps. Oh well I tried my very best.

HA! I had to laugh at this because I always feel stupid doing the rock star jumps. It took me some time to get use to those. Keep doing it and you'll get it down LOL! Don't forget to laugh at yourself :laugh: and have fun with it! :happy:
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    Saw this thread a bit late, but I started the first power 90 September 30th. I haven't worked out at all in over a year, so I thought p90x might be too much of a jump. Hopefully I'll stick to it and the diet plan, its going to be a challenge with the holidays coming up!

You are more than welcome to join the challenge, even without the "X". We are all here to support each other. SO WELCOME! :smile:
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice Coach Kelly. I think I'm going to switch to the Classic program and also add in a bit of cardio.

Awwww You're WELCOME! :flowerforyou:
  • chazdiezal
    chazdiezal Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late but I started round 2 today so I'm gonna hop on...bring it!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    OK first official 5K is done!!!! 27:03
    made my goal of under 30mins and finishing without walking!!! Sooo stoked right now....back to p90x tomorrow though!!!

Everyone is doing soo great, keep it up!!!
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    OK first official 5K is done!!!! 27:03
    made my goal of under 30mins and finishing without walking!!! Sooo stoked right now....back to p90x tomorrow though!!!

Everyone is doing soo great, keep it up!!!

ABBY....GOOD JOB! WAY TO GO!!!!! :flowerforyou: You did fantastic. I ran my 1st 5k years ago at 29 minutes. You did GREAT! :drinker: (that's water in the drinker cup LMAO).
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    OK Challenge peeps. How was your day? I was having another low energy day. I'm not sure if it's the slow days at work, girly issues (sorry boys HA HA) or the dramatic change in weather? I was scheduled to do Yoga X today, but only got half way through and needed something a little more upbeat. I decided to finish my workout off with a round of Cardio X. :tongue: and my nightly walk! I feel alot better now. :smile:
    Tomorrow is a 6 mile run day for me....

I also wanted to talk about Kenpo X for a minute. Many of you have either done the Kenpo X or have it coming up. I wanted to point out there is alot of punching, kicking and foot work involved. You may feel a little discouraged, ridiculous or uncoordinated the 1st few times you take on this exercise, but give it a few go around and you'll be punching and kicking like the pros. It really is a fun workout! :happy:
    Have a great evening all!
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Okay - a friend sent me a set of the DVD's, but it's missing Ab ripper. Do I need that to get started or since it's DVD #12 can I start now while I'm waiting for the other one to get shipped to me.
  • bigbrownkid
    Options
    hey im 3 days in with my roommates, and i was wondering what kind of resistance bands u used or weights. i bought a cheap pair from walmart but they dont say the resistance on them and for all my roommates its pretty easy. let me know if u have any suggestions.
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm starting another round of P90X today. I'll take the challenge with you!
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Kenpo X is my favorite workout. I felt really uncoordinated the first time I did it but then I started doing in in front of a full length mirror so that I could see myself. This really helped me see what I was doing wrong and my form immediately improved.
    I also wanted to talk about Kenpo X for a minute. Many of you have either done the Kenpo X or have it coming up. I wanted to point out there is alot of punching, kicking and foot work involved. You may feel a little discouraged, ridiculous or uncoordinated the 1st few times you take on this exercise, but give it a few go around and you'll be punching and kicking like the pros. It really is a fun workout! :happy:
    Have a great evening all!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Wow. Yoga X IS tough. The boy and I tried to get up early to get our workout in before work, but we were both just so sore/stiff. Everyone else sore?
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I hope you're going to do start another round in the new year. I did it just over a year ago, haven't worked out since until a couple of weeks ago and I'm definitely not ready to take on P90X just yet. Hopefully by January I'll be ready to get back on the P90X wagon, I LOVE those workouts!

I will be starting a round in the new year
  • ddoohaluk
    ddoohaluk Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started on Sept 28 so I would love to join this challenge. My goal is to do the strenght based dvds (shoulders/arms, chest back, etc), core, yoga , and stretching dvds as included in the program but supplement my own cardio through running, biking, and swimming. Being an ultrarunner and triathlete, I can't give up my s/b/r. I would also like to work in the plyo dvd a couple of times as while I will hate it, I know it will be good for me.

I am hoping that P90X will give me some of the upper body strength I need for mtn biking.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I just started it yesterday and it damn near killed me. Pain never felt so good.