I hate exercise... :(

2»

Replies

• lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    @ninerbuff: Gee thanks. That REALLY helps.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Get over it. If you have the attitude you hate it - you will. I tell my kids - Fake it! Set a very strict routine that starts with 30 minutes a day, no matter what. Start with something like Zumba or Wii that you may not think of yourself as exercising. After a month - add 10 minutes - and work up to 1 hour.

But, frankly, if you say you hate it, post you hate it, and think that you hate it - you will hate it.

My guess too - once you start exercising you will go from a size 6 to smaller. I lost my weight was happy with a size 6, ran a marathon and then hit P90X weight training - I'm now a size 0/2 and still weigh about the same, just smaller in size now.
  • AniyahsMommy324
    AniyahsMommy324 Posts: 104 Member
    I also HATE exercise!! But then I realized, IF I WANT THE WEIGHT TO COME OFF I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! So I invested in a stationary bike ($85 at Walmart) and let me tell you, it was one of the best decisions I've made!! I love riding my bike!

I put on a movie or some tv and just pedal away. It's a great way to destress, and since I'm watching tv I forget I'm exercising. :) I also love going on walks with my daughter, she loves being outside so that makes it that much better!

I'm also thinking about trying Zumba bc i love to dance. Just find something you enjoy doing! :)
  • Yoga is amazing for toning and it can be very soothing. It helps reduce tension and stress. It's a great way to tone up. Swimming is also a great full-body workout that will help you tone up and doesn't have to feel like exercise.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    @ninerbuff: Gee thanks. That REALLY helps.
    Old saying "A person convinced AGAINST their will, is of the same opinion still". If you hate it that much, then you'll justify every reason for not doing it. You need to find the pros of doing it and not concentrate on the cons.