October Day by Day Challenge--OPEN GROUP

Options
When was the last time you joined a challenge and lost interest or focus and stopped half way through? It's not intentional, its just harder to commit to something for weeks or months at a time.

This is a thread where you set daily goals. If you slip up today you get a new 24 hours tomorrow to try again. Post 3 or more goals, fitness related or not, come back tomorrow to recap the day before. Then post 3 more goals for the day.

It's not an exclusive group, all new members are welcome, but I expect most of the vets will come back again, too. It's not cut throat, if you do not post daily, we won't kick you out the group. Just post when you can.

When Nicole (PSUgrl921) started this thread late last summer it was designed to serve as a reminder of things she'd like to accomplish each day. Then be proud of herself for meeting little goals and eventually make them habit forming. She opened her doors and allowed us to be apart of her crusade. I bet she didn't think her day by day motto would still be going strong more than 12 months later.

So ask me when was the last time I stayed committed to a challenge for weeks or months? I still am, one day at a time.

If you're new, tell us your name a little about yourself if you like.
If you're returning, introduce yourself and briefly tell what this thread means to you!

**Copied and Pasted from Leela's April Post**

Replies

• sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    My name is Carease. I'm a newbee to this group. I'm married with two kids, 12 yo and 2 yo. I'm a bankruptcy paralegal. I fell off for the past couple of months and am trying to get back on track.

My goals for today are to workout for at least 30 mins, to drink 8 cups of water and to stay under my allotted cals. Good luck with your goals today everyone!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for Sept 30:
    1. WATER!!! --No.:tongue:
    2. Stay on plan. --Yes.:smile:
    3. Day 6 Week 2 of the ACE Kick Start Workout plan.--Yes.:smile:

Welcome, Carease! :flowerforyou: We do have others here and new people are always welcome! It does get slow at times, though.
    I am mostly now doing this for myself as I like refocusing daily on my 3 main goals.

I have 3 grown children and I share a house with my son and my oldest daughter and her family (BF and 15 month old son). It is hard to stick to my plan with so many others around but hopefully, in another year or so, my DD and family will move into their own home and that will make it easier.

Goals for October 1:
    1. WATER!
    2. Stay in 1800 calories.
    3. Day 7 Week 1 of the ACE plan.
  • pmjsmom
    Options

Goals for October 1:
    1. WATER!--Not the best.
    2. Stay in 1800 calories.--Yes
    3. Day 7 Week 2 of the ACE plan.--Yes

Well, I guess everyone is busy. That's okay, I will keep posting anyway!

Goals for October 2:
    1. WATER!
    3. Day 1 Week 3 of the ACE plan.
  • Redneckgirl924
    Options
    Good afternoon, Everyone!

It's a beautiful day here in Indiana and I couldn't ask for any better weather than today to walk outdoors. For October, I have decided to jump in head first and try and exercise everyday and drink more water. It's time for me to get back into this game and take control of my life. Today, I did a half marathon and I actually completed it. I did come in 3rd to the last of 109 runners/walkers but at least I completed it and good news I didn't die! It just feels like it! When all was said and done today I walked 14.2 miles. Boy, do I wish my car could of picked me up at the finish line. Where is Herbie when you need one?

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and a good Monday.

Take care and keep walking!

Ann
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for October 2:
    1. WATER!--:tongue:
    2. Stay in 1800 calories.--:smile:
    3. Day 1 Week 3 of the ACE plan.--:smile:

Hi Ann. Good for you on the half-marathon!

Rainy day here today--and most likely for the rest of the week. I've been taking Isaac (grandson) for a walk almost every evening. We don't go very fast because there's so much to look at but it is fun and I enjoy it. He sure is a sweetie!

Goals for October 3:
    1. WATER!
    3. Day 2 Week 3 of the ACE plan.
  • pmjsmom
    Options

Goals for October 3:
    1. WATER!--Yes.
    2. Stay in 1800 calories.--No.
    3. Day 2 Week 3 of the ACE plan.--Yes.

Goals for October 4:
    1. WATER!
    2. Stay in 1800 calories. (Stay away from those donuts--they aren't even very good!)
    3. Day 3 Week 3 of the ACE plan.
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It's October and I'm back (Hopefully for good!) No more distractions! I'm ready to rock this month. Last month was not so good, I was MIA for more than half of it.

Goals for Oct 3

1.AB circle
    2. Healthy choices
    3. Log everything
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello from Delaware!! My name is Shanae I am a single, working mother of three yes three active boys ages 13, 9 and 8. I am not so new to the group I have been here a wonderful two months and I am seeing the best weight loss support of my life. Today I am the smallest I have ever been by hard work and eating right and I have a way to go to reach my goal but my second goal is just a few pounds away! Welcome all those that are new and I pray that you reach and exceed each goal you place before you to be met!
    I have actually been sick the past few days so my workouts have been off but I am getting back on track today...

October 4, 2011 Goals

1. JM 30 day shred in the AM and PM
    2. Water of 12 glasses in both water and tea
    3. Calories and carbs under required totals
    4. LOG everything

Have a blessed day and good luck on your goals!

Shanae`:smooched:
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Stumbled upon this when broswing and thought I'd go on and post my goals up here! :smile:

So Hullo! I'm Amber and it's nice to be here!

1) 30 Day Shred every day. Do not quit just because you think it's hard. Look at your signature for crying out loud. Follow that quote!

2) Stay within calories and watch that sodium. I know your favorite snacks but sometimes we got to give a little to get something we want. Somehow I don't think giving up the pepperoncini's and pickles will kill you.

3) Track, Track, Track! If you eat it you best write it down. You're not doing yourself any justice by ignoring what you put in your mouth.

4) Decide if you're actually hungry or if it's something else going on. If you're bored - find something to do. If you're tired - take a nap. If you're thirsty - drink! If you're in a snacky mood - try fruit and if you don't want fruit you don't need to eat.

5) Remain focused and positive. Life throws us curveballs and sometimes we just have to know when to swing and hit it and other times we just have to know how to miss and move on.
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    I'm going to give this a try, definitely can't hurt. My name is Alicia from Wisconsin (Go Badgers)! I am mother of 3 and an RN working on going back to school to get Phd to be a nurse practitioner. Very stressful career and schooling. I tend to overeat (don't we all?) and eat the wrong foods. Need to remember what I'm suppose to be doing. Hope this helps!

Goals Oct 4, 2011

1. Drink water 8+ glasses
    2. Don't overeat
    3. Watch what eating
  • LorTay8
    LorTay8 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - good idea - I like the support on this network (I think of you when I want to snack!) I want these results - so - thank you all!

Daily goal - drink the water (isn't it funny who we are all bad at this - I want to have a glass with each main meal, one in between each meal and one when I get up - and I suppose one at bedtime) that should be the 8 !
    I actually want to exercise every day
    I want to track everything and not cheat

That should be good for the rest of the day!! Ah- I will be slim one day (my nick name there is my wish)

A little about me - I live in England, I'm a 52 year old single mum (kids are early to mid teens) argggggghhhhhh. I work (shifts - lots of nights - ugh) and have put on a stone of weight a year for the last few years - managed to get my baby weight off, but then ballooooooned from my mid forties to now - my first goal will be to chuck out the "big clothes" and get back into the nicer ones that are only one size less - ~I don't want to be a stick insect and I'm frightened of looking scary like those Hollywood mature ladies (sorry - don't wish to insult anyone!) I just don't want this big stomach, and bingo wings and double chin!!!!!!

I love delicious healthy food (I do love cake and chocolate too - but will only ever eat those in tiny amounts in the future).

Good luck all!!!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new (starting over on fitness pal) I'm focusing on 25 pounds at a time.

My goals for today Water and stay within calories.
  • kclady37
    Options
    Hi I'm Karen, I'm a Mom of 2 girls and Grandma of 3 wonderful babies! I'm just getting familiar with the website, I started out on my phone app. I didnt even realize there was a site (duh) but a co-worker came thru one day and had lost 27# and he was looking great. He said oh I'm using MFP and I was like oh yeah me too! Obviously he was way more in to it than I was so it got me motivated. So every week I'm doing better. Glad to see an Open group.

Goal 1: Get a solid exercise routine
    Goal 2: Trade more bad foods for good ones.
    Goal 3: Drink only water after Breakfast
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Not feeling good right now. Daughter had strep and now mom(me) has strep:sick: My goals for today are to just relax and drink plenty of fluids in hopes of kicking this thing in the butt ASAP. I'll be back later to introduce myself better I have a dr appointment to go to right now to get my meds for this thing.
  • hutchins123
    hutchins123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone :-)
    I'm Stehanie, I'm 23 a wife and mother to a 18 month old baby girl :)
    Today's Goals:
    1) WATER
    2) Day 1 of 30 Day Shred :-)
  • Redneckgirl924
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies. This group is a great group to belong too, they will stick with you through anything and help motivate you when you need it the most. Just a little about myself. My name is Ann, I'm 42 years old, married for 20-1/2 years and I have two children 14 & 18, three if you count my husband.

My goals for tomorrow are to walk at least 3 miles and drink more water. I keep telling myself water is good, refreshing, it will make me skinny, but my mind keeps telling but it's so boring and blah!!! Why can't I get excited about water? Why can't I want water like I want my diet coke?

Everyone keep up the good work.

Take care!

Ann
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Sorry, been a really busy time. I am not new to the group, but for the new folks. I am 48, newly married (second time after 15 years of dating same man!), quit smoking in March 2010, grandmother of 4. I gained some weight with every thing going on. My BFF found this site and we joined together. It was so encouraging for both of us. When she was killed in a car accident in July 2010, I stumbled, lost, for a long while. This community has offered me the encouragement that I needed to get back on track. Chose your friends wisely and encourage each other!

October 5
    1. D3 L2
    2. Water
    3. Pack suitcase for trip
    4. Finish laundry
    5. Stay within calorie goal

Smile!!!!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for October 4:
    1. WATER!--Yes.
    2. Stay in 1800 calories. (Stay away from those donuts--they aren't even very good!--)No. UGH!
    3. Day 3 Week 3 of the ACE plan.--Yes.

Gonna try again! I WILL NOT GIVE UP! (I do wish at times that my DD and her family would move, though! Still, I choose what I eat.)

It's so nice to see everyone here. Welcome to you all! This is one of only 2 threads that I post on regularly as I am trying to spend less time sitting at the computer. I do find it helpful to post here every day.

Rainy day again and lots to do at work. Time to throw supper in the crock pot!

Goals for October 5:
    1. WATER!
    3. Day 4 Week 3 of the ACE plan.
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Welcome back to those who have been here and welcome to all the newbies:) My name is Beth(most on here call me Ravyn or Rav) I'm a happily married(just celebrated 5 years) mother of 2. Son 8 and daughter 5. I've been a part of this group for over a year now and I love this group:) Sometimes people fall off and we don't see them for awhile but they find their way back here and that's what is so great about this group. We don't condem you for falling off, we just welcome you back with open arms.

Now I'm sick right now so I have no goals cause I have strep. :( It is rather unpleasant right now. I should be up for moving around and doing things again in a few days. Right now I'm sitting on my couch and feel like my butt has grown roots here because of this sickness. It really sucks cause its absolutely gorgeous outside too! I just wanna go for long walks to enjoy the weather and I wanna get in a few more bike rides before it gets too cold again.

Well I'm gonna get off of here before I just ramble away about nothing..lol Hope you all have a good day!!
  • hutchins123
    hutchins123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Today's Goals:
    1) WATER
    2) 20 Minutes on the Elliptical

Yesterday's Recap:
    1) WATER ( Yes about 10 glasses)
    2) Day 1 of 30 Day Shred (no and I'm really disappointed in myself, was to busy having an argument with the hubby :(