Low calorie meals/snacks

Hi all!

New to MFP (2nd day!) - wanted to check in with everyone and see what your favorite low calorie meals and snacks are. I'm trying to come up with a variety of healthy foods (in addition to fruits and veggies) but ended up being hungry ALL day today! I know this won't be sustainable so I wanted to check in with any experts out there...Let me know any of your awesome ideas :)

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    This is what I do for meals/snacks:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/359943-people-have-been-asking

Good luck with your weight loss!
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Welcome to MFP! You are going to LOVE this site. In addition to fruits and vegetables, I like the 100 calorie snack packs. They come in a multitude of varieties (cookies, crackers, etc.) Also, be sure to drink plenty of water during the day. That will help to curb your appetite. If all else fails, exercising also helps prevent the hunger. Hope this helps, and feel free to friend me.
  • a23kiki23
    a23kiki23 Posts: 3 Member
    I completely agree with jmjones66, I have my nalgene with me everywhere I go and usually go through it twice a day, but I also make sure to exercise every day (even if that just means taking the stairs rather than the elevator on days that I can't fit a full workout in).
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    I make pretty awesome american-ized Gyro's. I buy wheat pita bread, grill up chicken or sliced breakfast steak peices, include a bit of frozen stir fry, shredded lettuce, diced onion and tomato and there are these little cheese wedges you can get, mine is "creamy swiss" and its only like 50 calories of cheese, and its all pretty awesome! The creamy swiss is the perfect added flavor to make up for no tasty sauces.

Balance Nutrition/Protein Bars are pretty tasty as well. I so far have only bought the Chocolate Mint Cookie Crunch (they are so good I haven't had a chance to buy the others). They taste like big girl scouts chocolate mint cookies!!! Even my boyfriend loves them, he'll eat them like candy bars! "D

These and breakfast sandwiches are pretty common in my diet.

I remember I was starving the first few days. It was pretty hard for me, but once you start figuring out whats the best its pretty easy to stay with low calorie meals and not be starving by the end of the day.
  • eniamsaj
    eniamsaj Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions!! Writing down lots of yummy foods and looking forward to grocery shopping this weekend :) For now - drinking lots of water and heading off to bed (to avoid eating...). G'night!