Night time treat

I am finding that by being so stringent with my diet during the day I feel deprived by the end of the day. I give in to temptations, and I'm sick of it. I want to add a healthier dessert so I know I have it to look forward to.

Any suggestions?
Are the Healthy Choice fudge bars any good?

Replies

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    I love skinny cow chocolate truffle ice cream bars. Skinny cow ice cream is amazing, although the cookies and cream bars aren't the best. The mint sandwiches are amazing as well :D
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Those bars are excellent. I also like taking honey graham crackers (or chocolate) and spreading cool whip in between them and freezing them in sandwich baggies. Tastes like an ice cream sandwich!

Also, sugar free/fat free jello with a dollop of reddi whip is an awesome night time snack. I also like string cheese, yogurt, popcorn, etc.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    What kind of treats/desserts do you tend to prefer? Are you a cake person? Chocolate? Ice cream? Candy? Knowing what you like will help with suggesting things you actually like. :)
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    anything labelled healthy choice is probably just low fat or low calorie but bad for you. try a piece or two of dark chocolate or a flavoured greek yogurt or a yummy fruit salad.. or a natural muesli bar. :)

edit: 85% cocoa dark chocolate.. anything over 70% is okay but the higher the better!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    i usually go for ice cream or something like greek yogurt + protein powder/sf/ff instant pudding mix then top it with ice cream or berries or pop tarts or reeses cups
  • I find that the Weight Watchers fudge bars are great and big for their low amount of calories and tasty chocolate. I am trying Skinny Cow fudge bars which are a little smaller but are also very delicious. Both satisfy my sweet tooth and keep me from missing my bowl of Ice Cream.

I also like Trader Joe's Lime Fruit Flows, mmm mmm good when I want a change from chocolate :-)

Good Luck!
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Stella D'oro anisette sponge cakes are so delicious (if you like anise flavor) and only 90 calories for 2 biscotti shaped cookies. They are meant to be dunked in coffee but I usually just eat them by themselves. They are pretty substational for a snack.
  • i like light yogurt as a dessert or a nice banana with chocolate pudding. yum!
  • I eat my Greek yogurt with SF FF jello too! The sodium really adds up though
  • What kind of treats/desserts do you tend to prefer? Are you a cake person? Chocolate? Ice cream? Candy? Knowing what you like will help with suggesting things you actually like. :)

I am a chocolate person.
    Ice cream, cookies, or straight up.. not a candy person
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Those healthy choice fudge bars are very tasty. Also the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches are very good as well. A quarter of a hershey's dark chocolate bar is not too high in calories and very satisfying. Or a handful of almonds and like 10 m&m's, mix one almond and one m&m in each bite, it's pretty good too.
  • a23kiki23
    a23kiki23 Posts: 3 Member
    I usually do a yogurt or one piece of the dove dark chocolates, though I feel much better about my daily accomplishments if I go with the yogurt.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    bump.
  • mmoonstars
    mmoonstars Posts: 103 Member
    even just one serving of the instant pudding that's sugar free made with low fat milk or non fat isn't bad and can be a good craving killer if you are ok with "fake" sugar
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    I do that SO bad!! In fact, I just got done eating a bowl of cereal. UGH. I think those bars are good but they do have a lot of crazy ingredients in them! So I eat them very sparingly. My favorite things for late night snacks are: Apple and natural pb, Greek yogurt with raspberries and honey, or dark chocolate and berries.
  • Fudgsicle's...It is 40 calories and has 3 grams of sugar and they taste great!!!!
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Today I had a smushed up banana sprinkled with ground flax seeds and a drizzle of raw honey, topped with a splash of coconut milk...... SSSOOOOOOO GOOD!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Mmmm I may have to try that one!
    Today I had a smushed up banana sprinkled with ground flax seeds and a drizzle of raw honey, topped with a splash of coconut milk...... SSSOOOOOOO GOOD!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    toffee-honeycomb-sundae.jpg

Nicest dessert I've ever had, healthy or not. :D