What are you reading for Halloween?

Options
joehempel
joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
I've got my list (as soon as I finish up the current book)

Harvest Home by Thomas Tyron
Midnight Movie by Tobe Hooper
Endurance by Jack Kilborn
The 13th by John Everson

That should put me in the home stretch of my 100 books in 2011 challenge, with about 6-8 books left for the year.

If you want to check out my readings for this year, go here:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/4256894?shelf=read

Replies

• KitCatMcG
    KitCatMcG Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Haha ... that will teach me for assuming it was a typo in the subject line!
  • joehempel
    Options
    Haha ... that will teach me for assuming it was a typo in the subject line!

what did you think I was trying to type?
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Just finished "What the Night Knows" by Dean Kootz...very good!
    I read on average about 3 books a week, sometimes more. I always have abook with me. I will check out your list.
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I must admit I don't do books by season.
    I just read whatever sounds good at the moment. Currently I am reading the Harry Hole books by Jo Nesbo (all really really good) but I am hoping to be done before Halloween. After that I will probably go back to finally finishing "An Echo in the Bone" (by Diana Gabaldon).
    And then, who knows? I have nearly 100 books in my book shelves that I haven't read yet. I am also looking forward to the new Cecelia Ahern novel which is released later this month.
    I'm a total bookworm.
  • joehempel
    Options
    I read on average about 3 books a week, sometimes more. I always have abook with me. I will check out your list.

I'm the same way LOL.

I've got What the Night Knows on my list to read, but I've got a few books I need to read that I got from authors in exchange for reviews on Amazon and B&N first.

I've also got the Jo Nesbo books, just haven't delved into them yet. The fact that I have an eReader means my To Be Read list is currently longer than my life expectancy LOL.

My current book is Fuzzy Navel by J.A. Konrath, which is funny and graphically brutal at the same time. It's the 5th book in the Jack Daniels series...I'm reading them in a timeline of sorts as they books appear in Serial Killers Uncut by him and Blake Crouch.
  • Bellini500
    Bellini500 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have recently discovered Lee Child and am curently on my fourth Jack Reacher! Unfortunately I also have a 10,000 word dissertation to be writing and so I should be researching that!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    LOVE scary Halloween books!

I have just finished Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, awesome book. Just started reading Deadly Treats, and also have Dark Harvest, The Halloween Tree, Halloween, and also I am reading Stephen King" 81 on my streak right now♥
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Bump....looking forward to checking this out later for ideas on some good reads.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options

The fact that I have an eReader means my To Be Read list is currently longer than my life expectancy LOL.

LOL:laugh:
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options

I'm the same way LOL.

I've also got the Jo Nesbo books, just haven't delved into them yet. The fact that I have an eReader means my To Be Read list is currently longer than my life expectancy LOL.

Yeah, I often have a book with me too. (But less so since I got my iPhone). I have also noticed that I've been reading a lot less since fall TV started again. And I've been reading less since I started working (but then I was a lit major so that is no surprise). I wish I could get paid for reading books.

The Jo Nesbo books are really good. I started with the most recent then (The Leopard) back in March. Was a bit of a coincidence. I ran out of reading material and had a 6 hour train ride ahead of me, so I went to the bookstore in the station and ended up buying that one. After that I started with book #1 and read them all in chronological order. All I'm missing now is The Snowman (I already have the book, just haven't read it yet) and the one that just came out here yesterday (Norwegian title is Gjenferd) - which I don't have yet and will probably try to get from the library or something, as it's a bit expensive at €22 (about $30) for the hardcover.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    bump just for good ideas. lol.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Currently finishing up "The Gulag" by Anne Applebaum and Matthew Kelly's "The Rhythm of Life".

I have also started The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel, How to Listen When God is Speaking by Fr. Mitch Pacwa and Chosen and Cherished: Biblical Wisdom For Your Marriage by Kimberly Hahn. I read them when the mood strikes me again.

If I read one book at a time, I'd probably be done with all of them by now!!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I've got my list (as soon as I finish up the current book)

Harvest Home by Thomas Tyron
    Midnight Movie by Tobe Hooper
    Endurance by Jack Kilborn
    The 13th by John Everson

That should put me in the home stretch of my 100 books in 2011 challenge, with about 6-8 books left for the year.

If you want to check out my readings for this year, go here:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/4256894?shelf=read

Did you ever read the "Long Run" by Matt Long? It's a true story about a NYC firefighter who got creamed by a bus and then came back "from crash victim to elite athlete".
  • joehempel
    Options
    I have not....never heard of it.