Hi from England!

Options
Hi, my name is Holly and I'm 25 years old. I've been using MFP for a month now, I've managed to lose 14 lb and have recently also started following a vegan diet.
I am a student, and am forever looking for cheap, tasty, healthy options!

I've been overweight for years now and tried all kinds of crash dieting and extreme exercise which never worked. By accurately tracking my exercise and calorie intake, I realised how badly I've been treating my body!

I don't go to the gym or do any special classes, but I do use Kinect's "Fitness Evolved" three times a week minimum and work in a busy kitchen twice a week. Kinect has been suprisingly effective, I love it!

I'm looking especially for other vegan and veggie friends and more people in the UK with about the same amount of weight to lose! Let's all support each other!

Replies

• YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Hi,

I'm from England, too, but I have lived in US for a long time. I used to be 100% vegetarian, but now I occasionally eat fish and turkey when my body asks for it.

I'll send you a FR :)

Lucy
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lucy! Where are you from in the UK? Where did you move to in the US? Have you found it harder to eat healthier in the US? When I was 17 I went to the USA for about 7 weeks, came back with an added 25 lb!
  • Gypsymorph51
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to MFP :happy:
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi Holly! I'm a UK vegan, feel free to add me : ) xx
  • Mski02
    Mski02 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Holly,
    I'm Miranda, also 25 and from Kent, ohh and I'm a Veggie. I don't each Cheese, but do have eggs and a little bit of milk, so I'm not far off being a Vegan! :)
    I've only joined up a couple of days ago and struggling a bit to stick within calories!
    M
  • 0b58uce67
    Options
    Hi I am in the UK too, good old Sheffield. I am struggling big style even though I work out 6 times a week and monitor my food. not lost any weight yet......so I am not going to get on the scales for a few months and I am going to go by my clothes. Feel free to ask for a friend request..

Norma