The courage to change the things I can....

Options
Hello everyone!

I am interested in living a healthier lifestyle. I love learning about nutrition, resistance training and yoga. I am a beginner at all of these things and look forward to discussing these topic with you!

I am trying to stick with a clean 1300 calorie diet and about an hour of exercise per day, 6 days a week. I am doing a home video workout from beachbody ->see my ticker. We (fiance and I) have 4 of their workouts now and we love them! Anyways, I am keeping my diary open to the public for accountability, it only has a couple of days so far.

Things I have learned while trying to be healthy: I am forever washing measuring cups and spoons (ugh). I LOVE having shakes every morning. I HATE cardio. I am not flexible, at all (thanks, yoga). I have learned how to cook fish so it tastes yummy! I love lifting weights and how it makes me feel strong in more ways than one. When I work out, I like the way my glutes burn, but not my abs <groan> . I love the calmness I feel after yoga. I LOVE cooking. Our living room is starting to look like a gym...but hopefully not smell like one!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

Replies

• statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Good Morning to you! You sound like you have a great plan and a wonderful partner to keep you motivated! I'm sure you're going to do fine :smile: Your diary looks good. Congrats on the new lifestyle!

PS ~ Love the yoga kitty!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    As you dont have a huge amount of weight to lose, you should really be NETTING 1300 cals, not just eating 1300 and burning off 1000, as that really isnt healthy.

Good luck!
  • Courage2Change
    Options
    Thanks guys! As for the burning off 1000: I added in my exercises and just put in what someone else said thry burned doing the same workout according to their heart rate monitor, so I am sure that's not entirely accurate as we are different people/sizes/etc. I figure I will add more cals if I get hungry or plateau. Prior to this site I wasn't really watching my cals but eating healty, and I realized I was eating about 300 calories more than I thought (and was wondering why I couldn't break 135lbs). I knocked off the 300 and BOOM I broke 130lbs no problem. So I'll just see where this takes me for now...I would rather be at 2000 cals tho!