body pump

Options
does anybody else do body pump?I love it,but I don't know how to put it into my excercise log! any suggestions?

Replies

• hlavers
    hlavers Posts: 32
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE body pump! I put it in under cardiovascular "weight training" brcause it is weight training but with lots of cadio involved :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You'll find a number of pump fans on here!

Without a HRM, its hard to give nay more than a rough guide to calorie burn - as with anything else, it's an estimate. And for pump it depends on your weight, the weight you're lifting, how much effort you put in etc.

For me, at 5' 2 and 135 lbs, lift heavy, and can burn between 450-550 calories in an hour.
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I looooove body pump too. I talked to my instructor and according to Les Mills you can burn up to 560 calories per hour. I created my own line in cardio and set it to 500 as an estimate. Knowing it's an estimate I don't eat all 500 calories back (if you eat yours at all). :)
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love body pump! I put it on as cardiovascular weight lifting & situps.
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I'm not familiar with it, but it sounds like much like 30 Day Shred (weights, aerobic and calisthenics) which I log as "circuit training, general"
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I teach pump, lift heavy and have never burned more than 350 without doing cardio before hand.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I Love Body pump too!

i log it as "Circuit training, general"
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I do pump sometimes – and have a HRM. Depending on my effort level I can burn anywhere between 200 – 450 cals, so it's really worth using a HRM (or perhaps underestimating the cals).
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Body pump is by far my favourite class. It's the only time I don't feel llike a complete idjut doing strength training. I've been wearing a HRM and it is my lowest calorie burn, but that's not really the point of strength training. For a calorie burn boost, I do 10 minutes on the treadmill before and after class.
  • traceywaugh
    Options
    i burn 350- 400 lift heavier than all females in class. used to be my favourite class but circuits and boxercise have took that spot but still enjoy it very much been doing it for 3 years now