What to eat to finish off my Cals for the day???

Options
Help guys... I have 300+ calories still left for the day, and I've had my tea. It's only 7.50pm over here so I've got at least 2 hours til bed. I have recently upped my cals because I am reasonable active and I felt like my body may have been in starvation mode, but now I'm struggling to eat them all. What should I do??? Because I would really love a pack of salt and vinegar Chips right now, but really want to lose weight???? HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!! x

Replies

• sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, fruit, oats? What have you got in?! Toast with peanut butter?
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Have the chips! There's no reason why not if you have the calories for it! 1 pack of chips is not going to make or break your weight loss!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Have the chips! There's no reason why not if you have the calories for it! 1 pack of chips is not going to make or break your weight loss!

I second this!
  • Vexedx10
    Vexedx10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Third! Have the chips!
  • nmaltz3
    Options
    I wouldn't fill up before bed. Filling up on calories and then going to sleep causes your body to store the nutrients as fat...that said one time won't hurt :happy:

Tomorrow, try to incorporate those extra calories into your day. For example, have 100 cals extra at breakfast (try a cup of milk or a fruit), 100 cals at lunch (a dessert granola bar or a fruit) and 100 cals at dinner (dessert or a starch). I would also recommend planning ahead so that you don't get ravenous at the end of the day.

Best of luck!
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    As above, I say have them as long as they are under what you've got left, and most of all enjoy them! :happy:
  • elsg
    elsg Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks so much guys. I think I will! I just vaccumed and mopped the floor, and that got the heart rate up, so justified it is!!! ha ha. :laugh:
  • geraldm55
    geraldm55 Posts: 130
    Options
    my favorite new snack is fresh mushrooms dipped in hot salsa......................soooooo good :)
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Have the chips, if your craving them and denying yourself that pleasure, your causing unneeded stress and will eventually lead to a break down of will power and a binge, eat them and enjoy them, just have them as a treat every now and then :-D
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Almonds they are high in calories and so good! Some dark chocolate.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Go for the chips. If you're craving them, having a serving and staying in your calories is way better than craving them, resisting them, then binging on them and going over your calories. I'm of the opinion that if this change is going to stick and not just be a diet, we need to learn to treat ourselves. It's unrealistic to think you'll never have salt and vinegar chips again (MY FAVORITE!!) so have them, be in your calories, and enjoy them :)
  • elsg
    elsg Posts: 21
    Options
    Hang on a minute... massive error!!!!! I have 654 cals left!! It would almost be irresponsible to NOT eat the chips!! I dont know if i'm on the right cals!! OH this is so hard. I was on 1270, but I wasn't losing. I was excersising more than I had put in the goal section, plus I am running after a 15 month old. So now I have altered my activity to try an reflect this, and it tells me to eat 1470! Now I'm struggling to eat them once I excersise. I dont know what to do??? Thanks so much for all your ideas! Have a great Friday everyone. xx
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hang on a minute... massive error!!!!! I have 654 cals left!! It would almost be irresponsible to NOT eat the chips!! I dont know if i'm on the right cals!! OH this is so hard. I was on 1270, but I wasn't losing. I was excersising more than I had put in the goal section, plus I am running after a 15 month old. So now I have altered my activity to try an reflect this, and it tells me to eat 1470! Now I'm struggling to eat them once I excersise. I dont know what to do??? Thanks so much for all your ideas! Have a great Friday everyone. xx

I had the same issues. It took me awhile to figure out that 1200 wasn't enough and 1500 without eating workout calories is where my body functions best. I encourage you to play with it! Confusing your system keeps off plateaus. Try calorie cycling or increasing your overall calories. It's a fun puzzle to figure out :)