30 day shred -week 2 no weight loss!! help

Options
i'm feeling a bit down today, it's my 2nd week of 30 DS and i've not lost anything since last friday. i'm also doing lot's of cardio too. i can see a difference in my face and legs but i'm so hung up on the scales- my brain just won't acept that muscle weighs more than fat.
i'm not gonna stop or anything. it would be great to her some stories that started the same but had great results.

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 26 and haven't lost much weight since the beginning. But I don't care... I lost 3" around my waistline and my butt actually starts to look good!

Would be okay with being 10 lbs lighter and still look the same as today? I suppose no... Then the contrary should be true too. What's important is the way you look, not the number on the scales. Take measurements so you feel like you're progressing and don't forget before/after pics!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Read this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/353423-upset-because-the-scale-does-not-change-read-this

All about how the weighing scales are NOT the be all and end all
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    i'm feeling a bit down today, it's my 2nd week of 30 DS and i've not lost anything since last friday. i'm also doing lot's of cardio too. i can see a difference in my face and legs but i'm so hung up on the scales- my brain just won't acept that muscle weighs more than fat.
    i'm not gonna stop or anything. it would be great to her some stories that started the same but had great results.

I only lost about 6 pounds total the entire time I was doing the 30DS, but the inches I lost were what mattered the most. I lost a ton around my midsection and stomach, my thighs, and my butt. Hang in there. It's not all about that dreadful scale.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    you really should take measurements must people dont lose a lot of weight off the 30DS they lose inches off there waist and hips and thighs
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Personally, I didn't lose a ton of weight, but I dropped about 4 inches from hips! I'll take inches lost over pounds everytime!
  • fattabby1
    fattabby1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, sounds like you all had amazing inch loss even if the scales did'nt shift too much,

xxxx :) xxxxx
  • emilycandoit
    Options
    YES: Ignore the scale at times, and check your measurements!!

INCHES, INCHES, INCHES!!!!!!!