Size 20 Jeans !

Options
OK, I know a size 20 is still massive but my NSV was accidentally getting into a very old pair of size 20 jeans.

Dashing around getting dressed this morning, can't find pants. I see this pair of jeans on a pile of 'chuck clothes'. They are clean so I drag them on and surprise they fit. Bit snug but zipped up easily and comfortable to wear and sit in ! Checked the label and was very surprised to see they are Size 20 !

Not bad considering I was moving out (upwards) out of my size 24 jeans just a few weeks ago but the exercise & weight I lost pre-MFP and on MPF in the last three weeks have made such a difference to my waist and attitude.

So yeah for size 20 jeans ! Even considering holding onto my size 18 clothes for future use.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • rhonda999
    rhonda999 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yayyy for you!!! :) Nice fitting, comfy jeans are one of the best victories!!!
  • wvfrog22
    Options
    That's awesome!! It's the best feeling to be able to zip some pants that were previously too tight! Remember this post when you are into a size 12! Best of luck to you!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Hold on to your 18s you will get there!! I threw out all my smaller size when I got heavy and wish like crazy I hadnt
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    congratulation hunny thats fantastic!
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are on the right track!!!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    OK, I know a size 20 is still massive but my NSV was accidentally getting into a very old pair of size 20 jeans

Does it matter? The fact is, it's an NSV for you and you DID manage to fit into them comfortably!! WTG!!! :drinker:
  • heatheramara
    Options
    Oh yeah!! Almost there myself, can't wait!! Definitely keep your size 18 clothes, and start shopping those thrift stores for awesome size 16s!!!
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    Congrats
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah!! Almost there myself, can't wait!! Definitely keep your size 18 clothes, and start shopping those thrift stores for awesome size 16s!!!
    LOL!!! :I've actually planned just that when I fit a UK size 16 comfortably. They're a tight fit at the moment, but I'm getting there too :happy:
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That is great to hear! I'm holding on to my clothes and hoping to have a day like that too!!!! Congradualtions for a job well done. Looks like all of the hard work paid off!!!!
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! Sooo glad to hear that!!!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hey well done you. That zip going up is a great feeling. Good for you keep up the good work xx
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic
    definitely keep hold of those lower clothes sizes bag them up and put them out of the way

and put the money to one side you would have spent on some wearable items
    then when you get to the size you want to stay at you will have enough to get a basic wardrobe you can then add to :)

again fantastic
  • FelizMi
    FelizMi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a size 16 - 20, depending on the fabric and all. But I have these cute size 16 pants, I bought them on sale at Lane Bryant for $9 a couple months ago. I wasn't able to even put them on at the time, but I keep trying every so often, first it was I could put them on but not button,, then I could button, not zip, now I can button and zip, but not sit, or barely breath, lol! And all this not losing any pounds! But I'm keeping them, and I'll keep trying. And at some point, I will be doing the same for a nice pair of size 14s! Keep it up!!!
  • sonic_the_cat
    sonic_the_cat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep those 18s, you will get in them soon enough! Keep it up.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    That is such a great NSV! I love it when it's totally unexpected like that :) Keep doing what you're doing and there will be many more NSV's to come!! :)
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    YAY! Keep up the good work!
  • jamiiiii
    Options
    Congrats! That really is the best feeling, fitting back into those clothes from the dark back corners of your closet.

Probably my most emotional NSV was fitting into jeans that I bought 3 YEARS ago as "goal pants." I was never able to fit into them, and after their purchase my weight just kept going up and up. I've been on MFP since May, and about a month ago I pulled those jeans out of the closet and they slid right on like they were made for me. I literally cheered and almost cried.

KEEP THE SMALLER SIZES. Having to buy new smaller clothes is exciting, but expensive And I really hate having to buy all the "in between sizes" on my weight loss journey. Started out a size 18 and I now wear a 12. There are now many very gently worn size 16 and 14 pants all over my floor. I regret throwing out all those clothes I had years and years ago that would actually fit me correctly now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!