A whale or a mermaid.

Options
A while back, at the entrance of a gym, there was a picture of a very thin and beautiful woman. The caption was "This summer, do you want to be a mermaid or a whale?"

The story goes, a woman (of clothing size unknown) answered the following way:

"Dear people, whales are always surrounded by friends (dolphins, seals, curious humans), they are sexually active and raise their children with great tenderness. They entertain like crazy with dolphins and eat lots of prawns. They swim all day and travel to fantastic places like Patagonia, the Barents Sea or the coral reefs of Polynesia. They sing incredibly well and sometimes even are on cds. They are impressive and dearly loved animals, which everyone defend and admires.

Mermaids do not exist.

But if they existed, they would line up to see a psychologist because of a problem of split personality: woman or fish? They would have no sex life and could not bear children. Yes, they would be lovely, but lonely and sad. And, who wants a girl that smells like fish by his side?

Without a doubt, I'd rather be a whale.

At a time when the media tells us that only thin is beautiful, I prefer to eat ice cream with my kids, to have dinner with my husband, to eat and drink and have fun with my friends.

We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies. We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated. Every time I see my curves in the mirror, I tell myself: "How amazing am I ?! "

Replies

• dvarrassi12
    Options
    This is awesome.
  • Charrah
    Charrah Posts: 60
    Options
    I love this, it really brightened my day.
    x
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    saw this on facebook, made me smile, I'm sure someone will be along to burst my bubble in a moment...
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Wow I literally just read this on my facebook :) and i love it just a much the second time
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Great post! Add me to the whale list!:bigsmile:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Very cute!
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Wow I literally just read this on my facebook :) and i love it just a much the second time

I did too ... weird ... LOL
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Love it!!
  • ChangingJojo
    ChangingJojo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love this post. Thank you for sharing. ;o)
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Is it out of the question to be a dolphin?
  • Laura32412
    Options
    A great story to start the day. I probably look crazy laughing to myself at my desk. Thanks!!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    #1 that is a horrible thing to write. Ugg gyms sometimes. Get a clue. It is a cute story-way to go mom!
  • AoifC
    AoifC Posts: 12
    Options
    Love this. Just posted to my Facebook!
  • Silchi24
    Options
    Yup, it also made my day and yes i saw it on Facebook to, but thought it belongs here. Its a good reading and feel good material. Have a great day everyone. :drinker:
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am a whale and soon I will be a slick and fit whale, but never a mermaid!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Is it out of the question to be a dolphin?

Oh that made me laugh. Wonderful!
    I'd like to be a dolphin too, please.

This IS a wonderful story.
  • SleeveMeAlone
    Options
    this totally made me smile :)
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    A great story to start the day. I probably look crazy laughing to myself at my desk. Thanks!!

No worries. I do this on a daily basis. After a while you're co-workers get used to it. lol