rewards for weight loss

I'm currently 167 lbs with my goal weight being 130 lbs and have a few ideas of motivators (as well as health, confidence etc) and rewards but am not sure when I should treat myself?

People with a similar amount to lose...when should I reward myself with getting my belly re-pierced? I thought of a few others too like buying new clothes, make-up etc. If any one has any suggestions or what you did as your reward do share :smile:

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Maybe a pampering day...I dont know I don't give myself big rewards for goals to me the satisfaction of seeing the scale or me fit into clothes is enough for me. But to each their own :) good luck on the goals.
  • Same here. I would reward my self with cloths. Going to need them after the weight loss anyways.
  • At first, I rewarded myself with junk food I had been craving...BAD IDEA lol. Stay away from food/drink rewards.

I like to reward myself with some shopping, especially when I'm down to a new size. =) I think getting your belly button pierced is a great idea! Shows you have the confidence to show your tummy. I've also heard of people rewarding themselves with getting a new tat when they reach a goal.
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    I reward myself with clothes because hell I've lost weight and need them anyway! Kill two birds with one stone :smile:

When I reached my 1st goal I got my hairs did! Next step is new clothes :smile:
  • i reward myself with a small gift everytime i lose a kilo
  • marycarstens
    marycarstens Posts: 4 Member
    How about a massage. Especially if you have been exercising a lot, a massage feels greatl
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    I have 3 mini goals. So when I reach the first one, I'm finishing my tattoo! Then next mini goal would be a pair of jeans unless I can fit into the ones that I haven't worn in 5 years! Then my last one when I reach my GW is to re pierce my belly button. I took it out when I was pregnant and it closed up! Clothes are a great way to reward yourself.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    I agree!! a massage or a facial :)
  • I plan on rewarding myself because I deserve it & so do you. I set myself mini goals.. see below =) Good luck to you!
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    I have alot more to do than you..

But I am rewarding myself every 10 pounds with a bead on a bracelet. This way I have a visual reminder of how far I have come. - - I got this idea from another MFP user when I posted a similar thread a few months ago.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    My rewards were, running shorts, workout pants, sports bra, running shoes, yoga mat, workout dvds. THEN sexy dress because i had to go out. I didnt have a reward system i just felt good and used these as a gift to myself and a motivator at the same time. my reward is the body i have now and will have soon. other rewards were running longer, faster, jumping higher, cardio longer, learning a dance move or yoga pose. Also lifting more weight is great.
  • When I first started I set myself a goal of 165 pounds. I was not allowed to buy new workout clothes until I reached that goal. My reasoning at the time was a fear that I would get to my goal and slack off on exercising, but if I had new clothes to work out in, it would motivate me. I had no reason to fear, but it felt great to get new clothes when I reached that goal!

My next goal (and probably final goal that is weight related) is 160 lbs. I've promised the family I will make chocolate chip waffles on a Sunday morning when I get there, and eat some with them. I've not had one single sweet since I started on July 1st. I got to 161.8 then went up to 165 (TOM water weight). I'm back down to 162, but it's driving the kids crazy lol. It's actually kind of fun watching them squirm.
  • Oh goodness! I love this idea with the bracelet! I think I will steal it if that's quite alright. =]

I started at 253 and am now at 208. My goal is around 150. I decided that I'm going to reward myself with a bikini and a belly button ring as well.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Well I'm a tactical shooter and need to lose 120 pounds (65 to go) so my rewards revolve around that.

At the first 30 pound lost mark I had a trigger job and VTAC sights put on my main carry pistol.

At the 60 pound mark I'mlooking to upgrade my AR-15 internals.

At the 90 pound lost mark I will be ordering about 3000 rounds of training ammo (2000 rifle, 1000 pistol)

At 120 pounds lost I will book my 3 day tactical carbine course at PFC Training in Las Vegas (all of the above leads into this course)

AT my last tactical course I could not run, bend or get into/out of position easily if at all- I was so disgusted with myself and getting so out of shape that this is what started my journey on getting back into shape.
  • Maff87
    Maff87 Posts: 39
    I have alot more to do than you..

But I am rewarding myself every 10 pounds with a bead on a bracelet. This way I have a visual reminder of how far I have come. - - I got this idea from another MFP user when I posted a similar thread a few months ago.

That is a lovely idea! :happy: I have (ahem, bf has) bought new trainers and new adidas joggers as a motivator for exercise to kick start it all, no excuses then :tongue: But I like the idea of rewarding myself with exercise clothing throughout too, nice to look/feel good when exercising.

I'm just unsure what milestones to use as rewards, don't want to make it too hard/easy y'know?

Cannot wait to get my belly pierced again :happy: Also temped to get my nose done but hate my profile (think my skin round my neck is saggy, which I'm guessing will tighten as I lose weight?) so maybe once I've lost alot of weight can get that done too.
  • Maff87
    As it is around 3 stone I need to lose I might do 3 big rewards
  • Maff87
    What I meant by

"I'm just unsure what milestones to use as rewards, don't want to make it too hard/easy y'know?"

was like when I should get those rewards, how early on etc sorry I didn't make myself clear!
  • Maff87

I like to reward myself with some shopping, especially when I'm down to a new size. =) I think getting your belly button pierced is a great idea! Shows you have the confidence to show your tummy.

Thanks! Should show it off once I am a skinny minnie again! hehe :smile: