Meal Replacement Shakes

Has anyone heard of body by vi weight loss shakes or great shape today shakes? Did not know if anyone is doing meal replacement shakes. I am starting today and I have like 80lbs. to loose and I just need some advice. I would love to lose 30lbs by Christmas. I am just ready to feel better about myself :)

Replies

• ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    I have a friend that's doing it. She's lost quite a lot of weight in a pretty short period of time. I also have family members drinking/selling Monavie RVL.

To be honest, I do not believe in any of these products. You can achieve the same weight loss success just by watching your calorie intake, and changing your lifestyle. So instead for paying money for some shakes, I'd much rather have a healthy, balanced meal. Then, there's also the issue of gaining the weight back after you quit the program. Unless you're planning on drinking the shakes 2 times a day forever.
  • I am a Shakeology girl myself. Been using it for over a year and a half and LOVE the way I feel! I do have friends that use Vi and like them as well, but nutritionally I have seen research that shows Shakeology is a step above. Good luck!
  • cmowery12
    cmowery12 Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you guys! My husband and I have some friends doing the Body by Vi and are really wanting us to particpate. I am not sure what we will do, but right now I am counting calories!
  • My personal take? I think the shake diets are only good if you change your entire eating habits around it, and only have minimal amount of right to lose. I don't truly believe In them because ut doesn't teach you how to eat healthy and maintain. I am a health coach with Take Shape for Life and our program uses really food and TEACHES you how to eat right and transitions you to eating normal and healthy after you've lost the weight. It's a HUGE part of losing weight. Yo yoing is just not healthy!