Things NOT to do at the gym...

Options
taco_tap
taco_tap Posts: 152 Member
Here is a list of things that make me say... REALLY?!?!

tons on make-up.. why is this necessary?
perfume.. to cover the smell of sweat? you're just making it hard for everyone to breath!
sitting on the machines, watching your friend workout on a different one.. ugh!
unnecessarily loud grunting!!!

So... what behavior at the gym drives you mad?

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Some people come to the gym from work or other places, and rather than washing all the make up off their face, or showering before a workout just to get the perfume off, they just go straight to working out. I know how much it sucks to smell the perfume... but just saying... lol
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    shorts that look like underwear...i don't want to see your butt!
  • VitaLeta
    VitaLeta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Really loud talking... this morning I had my ear buds in and could still hear every word of these two girl's conversation a few machines away.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    A) It pisses me off when guys stand there and stare shamelessly. Its awkward and uncomfortable.

B) Why do women get so pissed about other women wearing make up to the gym? Their make up isn't hurting you, its clogging their own pores.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Sweating up the machines and NOT cleaning them after you get off! So nasty!
  • Dandersonjr32
    Options
    I have a ton of them.

Lugging around a gallon jug of bright yellow liquid. Not good.

Not re-racking your weights.

Dropping the weights. Really? We know you're a big muscle head, we get it, you have to prove you're a jerk too?

Sitting on a machine endlessly texting. I need to finish my superset!

How are these?
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Sweating up the machines and NOT cleaning them after you get off! So nasty!

^^ YES, THIS ^^
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    He he! This made me laugh...I can't stand people talking on their cell phones while working out. Seriously!? I'm almost dying over here...I don't want to hear about what you and your BFF did last night. LOL thanks for the laugh, it made my day!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    A) It pisses me off when guys stand there and stare shamelessly. Its awkward and uncomfortable.

B) Why do women get so pissed about other women wearing make up to the gym? Their make up isn't hurting you, its clogging their own pores.

^^^ my thoughts exactly. I am guessing the make up girls are also skinny. and thats why they do not like them :)
  • Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    The grunting things drives me batty, too.
    Singing out loud. I get it. Sometimes you forget where you are and let a few words slip out. Okay. But if you're singing verse after verse after verse....GRRRR!
    Not cleaning off equipment when you've OBVIOUSLY left puddles of your DNA all over it. GAG!
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    When people stare at you when they are on the machine next to you and try to race or outdo your workout.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym, prefer to work out at home (now I know why), but this is the best thread ever!!!
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Women who wear thin white sports bras with no shirt over it. You might as well take that off too! We can see everything!

Also why gring your purse and hang it on the machine beside you! Hang it on your own machine or leave it at home.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    He he! This made me laugh...I can't stand people talking on their cell phones while working out. Seriously!? I'm almost dying over here...I don't want to hear about what you and your BFF did last night. LOL thanks for the laugh, it made my day!

Yes!! Cell phones don't belong in the gym.
  • VitaLeta
    VitaLeta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When people stare at you when they are on the machine next to you and try to race or outdo your workout.

Yes! I hate that!
  • taco_tap
    taco_tap Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just know someone personally who puts makeup on before heading to the gym.. But i can see from the point of view of not washing off makeup after work and such. Its been retracted. lol. I also HATE when people dont wipe down the machine after use.. gross!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    shorts that look like underwear...i don't want to see your butt!

I do!
  • arykh24
    arykh24 Posts: 64
    Options
    I have one...and I am not sure WHY it annoys me, it just does.

When people take their time doing sets. Like they will do 12 reps and then stop, mozy over to the water fointain to get a drink, come back and slowly do another set. Hurry the EFF up so the rest of us can use the machines!!!
  • Capt_Chev
    Capt_Chev Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Naked chicks walking around the change room sitting down on benches and counters and getting their cooch juice on everything!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Pass gas as you're lifting and grunting. Please don't.