Why Not Give It A Shot

Options
I have never counted calories before but my sister does it and seems to get good results.

I am pretty nutrition savvy but love food and live in NY and while I'm usually religious about the gym I have been struggling big time to get back into it after taking a 4 month hiatus!

I was recently laid off and have been spending a lot more time at home and in coffee shops on the computer and phone and have just been frustrated at the gym with my lack of energy and activity level.

I definitely am effected by my appearance, when I am happy with my weight I am much more confident, outgoing and social. These days I'm just wanting to hibernate.

If anyone has good daily meal suggestions or other tips I'd appreciate it!

Thanks

Replies

• thecjk
    thecjk Posts: 2
    Options
    I have never counted calories before but my sister does it and seems to get good results.

I am pretty nutrition savvy but love food and live in NY and while I'm usually religious about the gym I have been struggling big time to get back into it after taking a 4 month hiatus!

I was recently laid off and have been spending a lot more time at home and in coffee shops on the computer and phone and have just been frustrated at the gym with my lack of energy and activity level.

I definitely am effected by my appearance, when I am happy with my weight I am much more confident, outgoing and social. These days I'm just wanting to hibernate.

If anyone has good daily meal suggestions or other tips I'd appreciate it!

Thanks
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings & so happy you found this site!

The calorie counting helps for sure...it teaches proper portion sizes and the food diary helps you stay in weight loss range if you follow it.

You're going through alot with your layoff so please don't beat yourself up over it...please love your body while taking the steps to improve it...you caught yourself before you had a ton of weight to loose...and you're young, so get out there and get active!

PS...when I first started on this site I was weighing in at 180 lbs, and I'm short...I've been using what I've learned from everyone at this site and I've been successful...I'm actually down another 10 lbs since my photo was taken.

As far as meal suggestions, it depends on what you like...every now and then I see a new post asking people what they had for breakfast, etc...those posts are always helpful and full of good ideas.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Take it one day at a time and take baby steps toward your goal.

Don't beat yourself up for past unhealthy behaviors----just pick yourself up right now and make a change.

I started by planning my meals in the morning and sticking to the plan.
    When I could do that, I started counting calories, and looking for information about healthier meals.

Try to be a little more active each day.

Drink lots of water and get to know MFP and the great motivating people who post every day.

Good luck, you are not alone.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: