Motivation is a group effort, y'all. <3

Options
I've been trying and trying to get my friends around town to workout with me, diet with me, etc. NO ONE will, and its beginning to get really hard for me to stay motivated. I'm looking for some MFP friends to help me out on this journey, and we will support each other along the way. :)

Replies

• alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Start loosing weight, get healthy and in shape, and once you get closer to your goals, they'll want to join you
    Show them commitment and they'll come.
    For now, feel free to add me for motivation and support. I love to help others.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Friends are the worst people for a diet! It true!
    Having said that, disregard it and feel free to add me.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. They are the worst. Right up there with family.
  • kahavi
    kahavi Posts: 35
    Options
    Don't do it for your friends (or your family), do it for yourself. You'll feel better and stronger about it, trust me on this one.

Otherwise, feel free to add me, if you want to. Support networks are a good thing.
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Motivation is an individual effort. You have to do this for you and only you. It is easier with support and encouragement from others though, so feel free to add me as a friend.
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    its hard to get the people in your life to support you, they are the ones that should the most. but you do have people who are eating healthy and working out right along side you here! :) feel free to add me.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My wife won't even do this with me so I know how you feel. Feel free to friend me.
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Friends are the worst people for a diet! It true!
    Having said that, disregard it and feel free to add me.

Ahaha. So true! and ditto...and me if you would like!