Nutritional Information!

Options
So my whole food log gets thrown off every time I have to do this, but I couldn't find nutritional info for the restaurant Bravo! and had to find similar items to fill in. A lot of times the wait staff will tell you info is listed online, but that's not usually true so this time I checked before going out. When I got there, I told our server I'd already looked online and that there was nothing listed on their website, could she please ask the manager if they had any nutritional info listed at the restaurant. Of course they didn't! How is this legal? Doesn't the FDA require a place to announce how bad the food is for your health?! :grumble:

Replies

• nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    So my whole food log gets thrown off every time I have to do this, but I couldn't find nutritional info for the restaurant Bravo! and had to find similar items to fill in. A lot of times the wait staff will tell you info is listed online, but that's not usually true so this time I checked before going out. When I got there, I told our server I'd already looked online and that there was nothing listed on their website, could she please ask the manager if they had any nutritional info listed at the restaurant. Of course they didn't! How is this legal? Doesn't the FDA require a place to announce how bad the food is for your health?! :grumble:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

The only solution that worked for me about restaurants was to stay out of them.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Doesn't the FDA require a place to announce how bad the food is for your health?! :grumble:

If you know it's bad why are you eating it at all?
  • maraleigh
    maraleigh Posts: 17
    Options
    I agree!! That actually happened to me today as well...I usually check before I go and I plan ahead. It's surprising how many restaurants are operating without any knowledge of what's in their food. At most places you can find a few decent meals, but it's hard to know which ones they are without the info. I ordered veggie fajitas and I'm sure all my calories were wasted on it! The grease from them was utterly disgusting!
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    How can I be sure if it's bad or not without the nutritional information? I ordered veggies and scallops which seemed like a good choice but it came out in a creamy sauce that didn't taste too healthy... and how much butter was used to cook the veggies? These things should be available to the public