Fat Grams

Options
How terrible is it if I go over my fat grams if the ONLY things I've eaten with fat are whole wheat crackers, natural PB, lean meat, and EVOO?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Probably not bad, unless you are eating so much fat that you are lacking in something else. Or if the crackers had trans fat.
  • previn84
    Options
    The crackers were 10g toward my alloted 46. Steak for dinner and ham sandwich for lunch was only 8g. The PB was my killer at 24g, but I don't usually eat 3 tbsp a day... I was just craving it for some reason. And the EVOO was 11g. Which all puts me over by 15g. I don't know for sure that I'm actually eating all the EVOO since I'm cooking the steak in a tsp of it but leaving behind whatever I can get dripped off the steak after cooking.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    My first initial thought is how much EVOO and PB are you eating to go over?
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't have a medical condition that can be affected by your fat intake, and as long as you're still under your calories, its not really an issue.
  • previn84
    Options
    Yeah I still have 305 calories left!
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem as long as the increased fat intake does not cause an increase in calories. Make sure you are getting good nutrition from everything you eat, though. I saw your description of what you ate, and I don't really see any veggies in there.
  • previn84
    Options
    I know I'm terrible about veggies. I really need help in that area. I have a 7 month old and I swore that I would eat healthy WITH him and he loves all his veggies, especially peas and squash. Me, I'll eat beans every now an then. Its horrible. I really do need some veggie encouragement. And less PB obviously, lol.
  • sara_j_barnard
    Options
    For what it's worth, I'm not counting fat grams at all, just "effective carbs", equal to carb grams - fiber grams. I find if I limit that total number to 50-100g each day, I lose weight. I do count calories, too and stay pretty close to my daily goal most days.

I think this is only possible if you can eat lots of veggies (which I thankfully LOVE to do), otherwise you'll be eating too much protein and it will be hard to stay within your calorie goal.

So I pretty much avoid grains and processed foods (for the most part), I'm losing weight and I almost never feel bloated anymore, even when I eat a lot. Best of luck!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Fat is not the enemy and is healthy for us. I eat upwards of 60-80% fat per day, but I keep my carbs very low.