im new and hoping this finally works!

Options
trying to lose weight for months and months, nothing seems to work. Im having a hard time meeting my calorie needs without going over my carb and proteins. Does anyone have this problem?? i could use some tips.

Replies

• twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    What types of things are you eating? And what kind of carbs? Don't forget that many drinks are loaded with carbs, as well!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I just restarted about 2 weeks ago, and since my starting weight and last Sunday's weigh in, I lose about 5 lbs. I don't even look at anything but my calorie intake. I know I go WAAAYYY over on my sodium every day, but just exercising a few times a week and not binge eating all the time helped me to drop some lbs already. Hope I helped you some :)
  • soulartp
    soulartp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    usually drink a coffee a day and water, sometimes orange juice. as far as foods, is there a way for you to see my food diary?
  • soulartp
    Options
    thanks, i dont know if it helps because i dont think ive been eating more than 1200-1500 calories a day anyway all this time. i just cant seem to lose weight. im stuck. but hey, im just starting with my fitness pal so lets see if it works! thanks for your suggestion and continued success to you.
  • ElissaNP
    ElissaNP Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you click on the Food tab, then go to Settings....at the bottom you can choose who can see your Diary.

I use Canada's Food Guide....not fad dieting. I eat 5 grains, 5 Fruits/Veggies, 2 Dairy and 2 Meat per day. It's healthy and you'll lose at least 1 lb per week, I have a lot to lose so it's around 2 to 2.5 per week pounds ususally.

I lost 87 pounds this way a number of years ago, but I fell off the wagon. Now I plan on using MFP to keep recording my intake so hopefully I can maintain it once I lose it again.
  • soulartp
    Options
    thanx, i changed my setting so everyone can see my food diary...
  • twinsanity
    Options
    Certainly NOT a judgement - just an observation based a little info....you don't seem to be eating very much. What you're eating may have higher caloric value and higher carbs, but you don't seem to be eating very much. Now, that being said, I know nothing about you, so I have no idea if you're just not a big eater, or if you're trying to cut down what you're eating, and how much. It seems like what you're eating isn't horrible food, it looks really good! (I may steal some ideas from ya!) Maybe try to find some substitutes every now and then for food items with fewer calories and carbs. Maybe instead of sliced bread or a tortilla for sandwiches and wraps, change it up and make it a lettuce wrap, and have an extra veggie on the side. Ziploc makes steamer bags that you can put in the microwave to steam any veggies; I cut up summer squash and zucchini, throw them in the steamer bag and take them with me for lunch. That's a great add to lettuce wraps!

I never worry about going over on protein! That's actually not a bad thing, that'll help you burn more in the long run. Not to get too 'graphic', any protein you consume, that your body doesn't burn, you just pee out. I've been told by many nutritionists that idealy, when trying to lose weight, you should be consuming 1g of protein for every pound of your weight DAILY! That's really hard to do without protein powders and shakes, though. So, if you're over on protein, no worries!

Also, try shocking your body with exercise to help with some weight loss, too! Change it up. Maybe try some circuit training for a week or two, see if that doesn't help shock your system into some weight loss.

Hope that helps. :)
  • twinsanity
    Options
    Oh!...and up your water intake if the amount on your diary is correct! More water! Keep your body hydrated so it won't try and hold on to unneeded weight or water to try and compensate.