Tonight I ate 690 Calories of Milk Chocolate

Options
I am at goal weight and exceeded my calorie intake by about 250 Calories I was craving some choc and a customer brought me a nice 125g bar in and I ate it as I was working on the PC tonight.

I think I deserved it as I lost About 70 pounds and I have never indulged myself. I guess I am posting here in hopes of having others say It's ok

I feel bad for doing it but it won't hurt my staying at my goal weight

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Just don't give yourself the ok to keep doing it. It's a great way to destroy everything you worked so hard for. Next time just have a taste.
  • elmsallmissile
    Options
    Put yer runnin' pumps on, 'bout 7 miles should cover it!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I think you are good...its a change in attitude..so splurging every once is a while can be expected...just do an extra 30 minutes of something to even ito out.

For me, since I calc everything on a weekly basis rather than daily..if I go over one day..I go under that same amount the next day..so its all good
  • melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You can't deny yourself forever. I think it's fine as long as you're not doing it every day all day long!
  • vanessa194
    vanessa194 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    dont beat yourself up its better to give into a crave versus not doing it and then binging! ..
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I had about 20 chocolate covered pretzels last night. Must be something in the air :(
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Oh god. That sounds so delicious, decadent, and delightful. ♥♥♥ I haven't had milk chocolate in a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    As long as doesn't become the norm you should be fine.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    No problem. Bet you're still below your maintenance calories for the day.

I had a chocolate custard cone from Culver's last night myself.
  • kranda01
    Options
    Oh god thats crazy, I would never get worked up over that!! I eat ice cream every night and I never gained back any of my weight! In fact I keep losing, but I also bust my *kitten* of at the gym! ya sure probably shouldnt eat ice cream every night, but I want to so I will, and I enjoy every bite of it!
  • dietpop
    dietpop Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a small dip cone from McDonalds in place of dinner. Small treats are OK as long as you get your protein and veggies in during the day.
  • lisacandoit1965
    Options
    think its ok as long as you dont do it all the time. And dont beat yourself up over it Be proud of that 70 lbs you lost no one can be perfect 100% of the time
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    How about incorporating a little chocolate every day in your meal plan so it is never a big threat!? Plenty of my pals do and it tends to help them avoid the cravings!
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    The beauty of going through this process on MFP is that we're all now aware of what we're eating. Before MFP, I'd chow down 1000 extra calories a day and develop food amnesia and totally question why I was gaining weight! Look at this as a learning experience and not as a reward or even as a crime that you should feel guilty about. You ate chocolate and hopefully enjoyed it. Make up for it the rest of the week by eating a little less here, working out a little more there...you can make up those extra calories in no time. :-)
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    Oh god. That sounds so delicious, decadent, and delightful. ♥♥♥ I haven't had milk chocolate in a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh! That makes me so sad! I have it once a week and cherish every moment when I'm eating it.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I am at goal weight and exceeded my calorie intake by about 250 Calories I was craving some choc and a customer brought me a nice 125g bar in and I ate it as I was working on the PC tonight.

I think I deserved it as I lost About 70 pounds and I have never indulged myself. I guess I am posting here in hopes of having others say It's ok

I feel bad for doing it but it won't hurt my staying at my goal weight
    "It's ok."

You worked long and hard to lose 70 pounds - the fact that you're repenting in public is a good sign.

Don't throw away all of that hard work!
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    CrazyDaisys, I've had the occasional peice of organic dark chocolate (since its healthier) once in a while and thats all right with me. The only reason I'm reflecting on my milk chocolate days is because I've been in a 'fall off the wagon' mode for a few days. Its all right though. I like to remind myself; its JUST food! Thats it! :)
  • Athaiguy
    Athaiguy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much all of you for your comments and support great bunch of folks here !!

There is no question I will not give in to this on a daily basis for sure
  • deex18
    deex18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i ate a bar of choc worth 510 last week but didnt go over my limit on that day... and i stil lost a pound last week... just work it off!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    This post single handedly made me want Chili's white chocolate lava cake. lmao!

And really? given the opportunity i would inhale a Symphony bar or king sized Heath bar in a single sitting. So, heck, once you hit your goal weight and know how to eat and exercise properly, you know that a little under half a day's calories from treats can't happen every day OR you have to work out extra hard the following day, i say go for it. :)

BTW, what kind of chocolate was that high calorie? When you say "milk chocolate" i think "hersheys" and i dont know that hersheys makes candy that high calorie, even king sized :)